Chapter 5: The Red and Black Welcome Back Dance

Oceanna's POV

*The Next Day*

I woke up to a loud banging on my door. I shot out of bed, rushing to the door, not even bothering to check who it was before opening the door. I was face to face with an very excited Midnight.

"Why are you not dressed? Let's go, let's go, let's go!" She exclaimed, pushing past me into the room. I turned around and looked at Tori's bed to see her slowly sitting up. 

"What is going on?" Tori asked groggily.

"It's time to go dress shopping!" Midnight exclaimed. I looked over at my alarm clock.

"Midnight, it's 9 am on a saturday."

"Okay, the dance is tonight and you don't have a dress!"

"Fine." I groaned, going to my closet and pulling out my clothes for the day. I grabbed all my bathroom stuff and went into the bathroom. I took a quick shower and pulled on my clothes. I ran a brush through my hair and brushed my teeth before going back to my room. Midnight was sitting on my bed and Tori looked ready to go.

"You guys ready?" I asked and Midnight ran to the door. 

"I'm driving" Midnight exclaimed, running out. Tori and I followed behind, leaving the dorm and meeting Midnight at her car. We got in and she drove us to a nearby dress shop. We walked in and began browsing the dresses. Obviously, I was only looking at the black and red dresses since that is the theme of the dance. I grabbed a few that I liked and went to go try them on, along with a few Midnight pulled. 

I pulled on the first dress and walked out of the dressing room so my friends could judge it. It was a black dress with red trimming. There were two red strips on the bottom, separated by a black netting so my knees were visible through the dress. The top of the dress had that same black netting under my shoulders to separate the shoulders from the rest of the dress. The straps were about as wide as my shoulders.

 The straps were about as wide as my shoulders

"Too geometric." Midnight said and I chuckled, agreeing ith her. I walked back into the dressing room and tried on the next dress.

This dress was a two piece. The top was basically a tight, black, long sleep top. The skirt was floor length with a small train. It was red and covered in black roses. It was very form fitting until the knees when it flared out a bit.