Chapter 21: Warped Tour

Oceanna's POV

*One Month Later*

I've met up with Midnight in the last month that school has been out, but since Vic is so far we've only been communicating through phone calls and text messages. 

My phone rang and I smiled when I saw Vic's name pop up on the screen.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey baby!" He answered cheerfully.

"Hey babe, what's up?"

"So, there's this really cool music festival called Warped Tour and it has a bunch of rock, alternative, and punk bands. I was wondering if you and Midnight wanted to come with me? I try to go every summer."

"Where is it? And when?"

"That's what I was going to ask. There's a Fresno date which is about five hours from me and three hours from you on July 7th at the AG World Center, and then there is a Ventura date which is flip flopped so five hours from you, three hours from me, on July 12th at Seaside Park."

"I guess I should ask Midnight and see if any dates conflict with her."

"Sounds like a good idea. My thought is we get there a day early, stay in a hotel, go to the concert, then stay in the hotel that night and leave the next day."

"That sounds good."

"Great! Let me know what Midnight says."

"Will do."

After I got off the phone with Vic, I called Midnight.

"Hi bestie!" She exclaimed.

"Hey there, so Vic just invited us to this music festival in July called Warped Tour. The two dates are the 7th and the 12th, which is the best for you?"

"Well, my family is doing this whole 4th of July vacation, so I guess the 12th!"

"Awesome, so you're down with going?"

"Yeah! Sounds like ton of fun!" I gave her all of the details Vic gave me and then we hung up so I could call Vic again.

*One Month Later*

"Ventura!" Midnight exclaimed, pointing at the sign welcoming us to the city.

"Woo!" I cheered, pumping my fist in the air. Midnight drove to my house yesterday, stayed the night, and then we left this morning for Ventura since it's about a five hour drive.

We arrived at the hotel and I texted Vic to tell him we were here. By the time Midnight and I got out of the car and our luggage out, he was already outside, running up to me. He tackled me, and I fell against the car as we hugged tightly.

"I miss you!" He exclaimed, hugging me tighter than he ever has before.

"I miss you too!" I began to cry and he stroked my hair. We shared a long kiss and then let go, allowing Vic to dry my tears.

"Come on." He said, grabbing both of our bags and leading us into a hotel. Midnight got her room key and then we all headed upstairs. We were all on the same floor, just not next to each other. Vic and I were sharing, Midnight had her own, and then Mike and Vic's freshman roommate Daniel had a room together.

Midnight and I put our bags in our rooms and then got changed to go to the beach. We all piled in Vic's car and headed out to the beach. 

"Make sure to put on sunscreen so we're not lobsters tomorrow!" Vic reminded passing around bottles of sunscreen. We found a spot on the beach, applied our sunscreen, and then headed out to the water. We spent a few hours at the beach, leaving to go shower, change, and get dinner. After dinner, we hung out for a while but retreated to our rooms pretty early to get a good night's sleep so we could wake up early tomorrow. Vic and I also got some much needed alone time if you catch my drift.

***

The next morning, we woke up at the ass crack of dawn and got ready to go to Warped Tour. I wore a plain blue tank top and black shorts that stopped at my mid thigh along with black Vans. My hair was pulled back into a tight ponytail and my face was makeup free. Vic was wearing a white Good Charlotte tank top and black shorts that stopped at his knees with black Vans as well.

We all met up downstairs to have a quick breakfast and then piled into Vic's car again to drive the short distance to the venue. We parked and got in the short line to buy our tickets. We got them and got in the admission line. I heard various bands inside the venue warming up and doing one last sound check before the gates opened. It was only nine am but the sun was already blistering hot. 

A few hours later, the gates opened and once we were through, we made a mad dash to the schedule. The schedule changed every day, so Vic made sure to grab a few so we could decide who we wanted to see. We made a plan and split into our different groups to go check out the festival.

"Welcome to Warped Tour 2002! Are you guys ready to rock!" The lead singer of the first band screamed into his microphone.

***

Near the end of the day, our bags were loaded up with merch, we were sweaty, and definitely sunburned. We were all back together to watch AFI close out the night. This is one of the few bands that we all knew and loved. Halfway through their first song, Vic turned to me with a huge smile.

"What?" I asked.

"I want to be on the stage one day. It's always been my dream." He said, pointing at the band giving their all on the stage.

"I believe in you baby. I can't wait to watch you rock that stage." I smiled, giving him a kiss.

***************************************************************************

Who else misses Warped Tour?

3 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER