Chapter 17: Spring Break

Oceanna's POV

*Two Weeks Later*

"Thanks for coming with me." I told Midnight as we walked off the plane.

"No problem at all, I'm excited to see San Francisco! I'm also excited to actually be doing something fun for spring break." She smiled.

So, I ended up coming home for break. Anything to get away from Vic. I somehow successfully avoided him and Tori like the plague. I was able to stay in Midnight's room since the incident and would grab stuff from my room when Tori wasn't there. I'll deal with Tori after break. As for Vic, I don't know if I'll ever speak to him again. He really hurt me. I had to end up blocking his number because he kept blowing up my phone with texts and calls.

Midnight and I made our way down to baggage claim and saw my parents at our carosel.

"Oceanna!" My mom exclaimed, enveloping me in a hug. "I'm so glad you came home after all. How are you?" She asked, pushing my hair out of my face.

"I'm fine mom." 

"Midnight, what does your bag look like? I'll go grab it." My dad asked my friend.

"It's so nice to meet you Midnight!" My mom said, hugging her.

"It's nice to meet you too Mrs. Grey." Midnight smiled.

"Alright, here are the bags." My dad said, bringing our suitcases over. "Hello honey." My dad said, hugging me. He greeted Midnight and we headed out to the car. My mom, Midnight and I climbed into the car while my dad loaded up our bags.

"So Midnight, what are you majoring in?" My mom asked.

"Business administration."

"Ooh, are you liking it?"

"So far, I'm only really taking my gen ed classes. I hope to start taking business classes next semester." She explained.

"So, Oceanna tells me you're from California as well?"

"Yeah, Sacramento. So, not too far, but at the same time, too far." She giggled. "Thank you for letting me stay the week with you."

"No problem at all! It's so great to finally meet the girl we've heard so much about! Plus, I know Oceanna really needs a good friend during these hard times."

***

We made it to the house and I showed Midnight to her room. The same room Vic stayed in when he came over for Christmas.

"Excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom. Go ahead and get settled." I said, choking back tears and rushing to the bathroom. I closed and locked the door, sliding down the door to the ground. I pulled my knees to my chest and silently sobbed for a few minutes. I composed myself and stood up, looking at myself in the mirror. 

My eyes were red and puffy, my face was red as well and tear streaked. I flushed the toilet to give the illusion that I was in the bathroom for it's intended purposes and splashed some water on my face. I dried my face with a towel and stood in the bathroom, leaning over the sink for a few minutes until my face looked normal again.

I walked out and rejoined Midnight in the guest room. I hung out with her until it was dinner time. After dinner, my mom kept the two of us at the table.

"I figured we could have a little girl talk." My mom said, bringing some waters to the table. She sat down and I let out a sigh.

"Mom."

"Come on Oceanna. I want to know what's going on. This all happened so suddenly!" I broke down and told my mom the whole story and how I've been surviving the last two weeks.

"Oceanna, you need to talk to him when you get back."

"I don't want to see his stupid face or hear his stupid voice. I don't want to hear excuses. I don't want him." I cried. My mom reached out and placed her hand on mine.

"Oceanna. You love him. You're in love and heartbroken. This will never heal until you have an adult conversation with him. You'll always be left wondering, wondering why he did what he did. You'll always feel not good enough in future relationships, paranoid you'll be cheated on again, which will ultimately destroy those relationships before your significant other can do it. You need closure, Oceanna."

"You're right. You're always fucking right." I sighed. I hated it, but she was speaking the truth. I did need to talk to him. I didn't want to, but it had to be done. After break though.

Vic's POV

"Mijo, it's dinnertime." My mom said, opening my door.

"I'm not hungry." I said, my face shoved deep into my pillow.

"Vic, you need to eat, come on." She said, pulling the covers off of me. I groaned and rolled onto my side, curling into a ball. My back was to her so she couldn't see me crying. For spring break, I decided to go home. I needed to get away from that campus, and I didn't need Tori trying to make anymore moves. 

My grades have plummeted in the last two weeks. I'm depressed. I barely eat and I'm crying all the time. I stopped going to class. For the last two weeks, I just laid in my bed, and tried to text and call Oceanna. I finally stopped when the texts weren't sending and the calls weren't going through and I realized she had blocked me. Fair, I was blowing up her phone. If I could just get the chance to explain myself, I'm sure we'd be happy again.

My mom walked further into my room and sat on my bed.

"Please go away." I pleaded.

"No, we are going to talk about this right now. What is going on Victor."

"Oceanna and I broke up."

"What? No! What happened?"

"She thinks I cheated."

"She thinks?" I proceeded to tell her the entire story, my side of the story which no one seems interested in.

"Try talking again after you get back to school. She needs time to recover and think. In her mind, the worst possible outcome has happened and she's devastated and traumatized. If you really like each other, you'll come back together."

"I love her mami." I said. I never realized how I felt towards Oceanna until I told Tori that I loved her when we were fighting. Now, I'm sure that I am in love with her. "I'm in love with her." I said. "And I never got the chance to tell her."

"You will mijo." She said, placing her hand on my shoulder. "Things will work out, I promise you."

"Thank you mami." I said with a smile.

"Anytime my son. Now, come eat dinner. You're nothing but skin and bones!" She exclaimed, leaving my room.

I will get Oceanna back if it's the last thing I do.

*******************************************************************

Oooh, what do you think will happen when they get back from break? Leave your comments down below!