Chapter 26: Anniversary

Oceanna's POV

I smiled at myself in the mirror and fluffed my hair one final time. I just finished getting ready for my date with Vic tonight for our one year anniversary. I was wearing a blue dress with a plunging neckline and spaghetti straps. The dress stopped at my mid thigh and the skirt was lose so it was not form fitting like the top was. I did a smokey eye look for my makeup and curled my hair. I walked out of the bathroom and Vic was smiling at me as he sat on the bed.

"Absolutely beautiful." He complimented me.

"Thank you." I giggled, going to the closet to grab my shoes. Vic was wearing his usual, a black button up short sleeved shirt and black pants. I grabbed my blue heels and Vic stopped me.

"Don't wear those. Trust me." He said. I shrugged and grabbed my black flats, slipping them on my feet. He gave me a kiss and then we wallked out of the bedroom and out of the apartment. We went down to his car and he opened the door for me. I thanked him and slid into the seat, beginning to buckle myself in as he closed the door behind me. He went around to his side and got in, starting up the car and pulling out of the parking spot. We rode in mostly silence except for soft music playing in the background. It was a comfortable silence though. 

He pulled into the parking lot at the beach and my eyes went wide.

"We are NOT fucking on the beach again." I protested.

"Don't worry. We'll fuck in a bed like normal people. We are just going to have dinner on the beach. It's romantic!"

"Okay, okay." I said with a soft smile as we got out of the car. I grabbed the bag with his present in it while Vic grabbed a small picnic basket. He grabbed my hand and we walked out onto the sand. We walked for a little bit until we reached a secluded part of the beach. That's when I noticed there was a table and two chairs set up.

"I figured this would be better than sitting on the ground." He chuckled, placing the picnic basket on the ground. I smiled and sat in my seat as Vic opened the basket and began setting the table for us. 

"Can I help-"

"No, let me serve you." He smiled, beginning to dish out the food. We ate and talked about school and the past year together.

"Here's your gift." I said, handing him an envelope with a card inside.

"Thank you baby." He smiled as he broke the seal on the envelope and pulled the card out. He read the message on the front and opened it, two strips of paper falling into his lap. He finished reading the card and then picked the papers out of his lap. He read them and gasped.

"Tickets to a San Diego FC game? Oceanna, thank you!" He exclaimed.

"I remember you telling me you liked soccer, so I figured I'd let you go see a real game. Don't worry, you don't have to take me. You can choose whatever." I chuckled.

"Here's your present but now it seems shitty compared to yours." He laughed, handing me an envelope as well. I opened it, pulled the present out of the card and read the card. Once I was done, I looked at the piece of paper I pulled out. It was two gift certificates to a local massage parlor.

"I figured you and Midnight could go get massages to relieve some stress. I know your major is about to get real stressful so I just want to make it clear that I'm here to support you no matter what you need." He said with a cute smile.

"Thank you so much baby!" I smiled back at him.

After dinner, we took off our shoes and took a small stroll along the beach under the moonlight. We held hands and just walked quietly, the only sound being the waves crashing against the shore. We returned back to our spot, grabbed our things, and walked back to the car. Vic began driving and it took me a little bit before I realized he wasn't taking us back to the apartment.

"Uhm, where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see." He said with a small smirk, not taking his eyes off the road. I decided to sit and wait, turning the music up a little bit louder. Finally, we pulled up in front of a hotel. I looked at the sign and saw it was "Hotel Pendry". We dropped the car off with valet and I noticed Vic pulled out two suitcases.

"How-"

"I packed some of your things so it could truly be a surprise." He shrugged. I reached out to grab my suitcase and he pulled it away from me. "Allow me." He said as we walked into the building. He checked us in at the front desk and we were given our room keys. We were on the very top floor so there was going to be a great view of downtown San Diego. We got to our room and my jaw fell to the floor. He had a giant bathroom with a tub and a separate walk in shower, a king size bed, and three big windows overlooking the city.

 He had a giant bathroom with a tub and a separate walk in shower, a king size bed, and three big windows overlooking the city

"Wow!" I gasped. Vic laid on the bed and looked over at the shower.

"Oh yes, a perfect view of my sexy lady showering." He smirked.

"Shut up!" I said, playfully slapping his arm. "Don't test me, I will close that curtain." I said, pointing to the curtain that separated the bathroom from the rest of the room.

"No, please!" He fake begged and I laughed. We spent the rest of the night doing...things ;).

"I love you so much." I sighed, cuddling into his chest as we laid down to sleep.

"I love you too Oceanna, happy anniversary baby."

"Happy anniversary Vic." I smiled, closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

*****************************************************************************

3 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER