Chapter 4: Templo del Sol

Oceanna's POV

*3 Days Later*

I put on my red SDSU shirt and my black jeans in the bathroom. I walked back to my room and slipped on my red converse. My makeup was already done, red eye shadow with black eyeliner and a red lip. Tonight was the first night of welcome week, a week long celebration for first year students to kick off the beginning of our college career at SDSU. 

Tonight was the first event, Templo del Sol. New students walk under the archway of Hepner Hall as a way of welcoming us to the family at SDSU.  But, before the event, there's a reception at a local bowling alley that my friends and I have decided to go to.

"You ready?" I asked Tori as she put her hairbrush down.

"Yup." She said, slinging her purse over her shoulder and grabbing her lanyard that held her room key and her student ID. I grabbed my purse and lanyard as well, following her out of the room. Our group agreed to meet in the downstairs lobby so Tori and I headed down there to see Vic and his roommate, Daniel, sitting on one of the couches.

"Hey Vic, hey Daniel." I said, sitting down next to Vic. Tori sat on one of the other couches. Daniel has started to join our group since him and Vic are getting closer.

"Hey." They said. We talked about how classes have been so far as we waited on Midnight to join us. She joined us a few minutes later and we all began the five minute walk to the bowling alley. Once we got there, there were red and black streamers and balloons decorating the building. We got a lane for the four of us and found the correct size balls and put on our bowling shoes. We played a few games. Vic won the first time, Daniel won the second time, and I won the third time.

After bowling, we gave up our lane and went to grab some pizza since it was almost time for the event. We ate our pizza and then walked to Hepner Hall with everyone else when it was time. We joined the line of new students participating tonight and waited for our turn to walk under the arch. Alumni and returning students lined the arch and made an aisle for us to walk down. They cheered and shook red and black pom poms as we walked. Once we finished, we all went back to our dorm. As we were walking, Vic grabbed my wrist, forcing the two of us to fall back a bit from the group.

"Hey, when we get to the dorm, can we meet in the courtyard outside? I have something I want to ask you."

"Sure." I said and he smiled, jogging to catch up with the group. I caught up to and the five of us talked until we got to the dorm.

"Hey Midnight, go to my room. I'll meet you there in a minute." I said. She nodded as her, Tori and Daniel walked into the building. Vic and I stayed outside as students staggered into the building.

"So uhm, as you know, the red and black dance is tomorrow night. I was, uhm,  wondering if you would, uhm, want to go with me." He asked nervously.

"Yeah, that sounds fun." I said with a smile.

"Awesome. Uhm, I'll be at your room by 9:45 and we can walk over?"

"Sounds good." I said and he nodded awkwardly. We walked into the building together in silence and went into the elevator. The doors opened on the second floor and I walked out, turning around.

"Bye." I said, waving.

"Bye, see you tomorrow." He said as the doors closed. I walked to my room, smiling like an idiot.

"So, what was that about?" Midnight asked as soon as I got in the room. Tori was sitting on her bed and Midnight was on mine.

"Vic just asked me to the dance tomorrow."

"Oh. My. God. Please tell me you said yes, OH you would be SO cute together!" Midnight squealed.

"Of course I said yes." I said with a laugh and Midnight let out a gleeful squeal. 

"Well good thing we're going dress shopping tomorrow." Tori said.

"Now we have a real purpose! You're going to look HOT!" Midnight exclaimed.

"Go to bed so we can get up in the morning." I laughed.

"Definitely." Midnight said, rushing out of the room. I got ready for bed and laid down, taking a while to actually fall asleep because I was really excited for tomorrow.

********************************************************************************

3 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER