Chapter 35: Graduation (END)

Oceanna's POV

*Nine Months Later*

I sat on a cold metal chair in Viejas Arena. Today was the day, graduation day. Finally. Senior year sucked without Vic. I'm so glad to be done and put all memories of him out of my head. We haven't communicated since he left for LA. 

I was wearing a black cap and gown, with a red stole slung around my neck. I listened to the president of the university give his speech. Finally, it was time for them to call our names. I waited not so patiently until my row stood up and made our way to the stage.

"Oceanna Lynn Grey." I walked up onto the stage and received my diploma cover, posing for a few pictures and shaking a few hands before returning to my seat.

"Midnight Jane Jones." I clapped quietly for my best friend as she crossed the stage. I would not have made it through this last year without her.

"May I present to you, the San Diego State University graduating class of 2005." We all cheered along with the family in the stands. We were released and I found my family, hugging my parents tightly.

"You did it!" My mom exclaimed.

"Finally!" I laughed. I greeted the rest of my family and took pictures until I heard a familiar voice.

"Oceanna!"

"Midnight!" I exclaimed as we hugged each other tightly. "Looking good college graduate." I smirked.

"Back at ya, college graduate." She returned and we hugged again. She met my extended family and we took a few pictures with her before going our separate ways.

I let out a sigh as I walked to the car with my family. I couldn't rid this feeling of wishing Vic was here, graduating with us. I wish he had at least showed up to show his support.

**************************************************************************

That's the end!

There will be a sequel! It's called Hold On Till May and will be out tomorrow!

Make sure to read the Epilogue on the next page! Thanks for reading!

Leave a comment down below and let me know what you thought of this series! What was your favorite part?