Chapter 11: Thanksgiving

Oceanna's POV

*One Week Later*

"What do you mean you're not coming home?" My mom asked over the phone.

"I don't think it's worth the money to fly back home for a week. It's just Thanksgiving, I'll be home for Christmas."

"You love Thanksgiving with our family! I know you Oce, there's got to be another reason than the money." My mom said and I sighed. She knows me way too well.

"I kinda have a boyfriend and he kinda asked me to spend Thanksgiving with his family."

"You kinda have a boyfriend?"

"I do have a boyfriend. Him and his family live right here in San Diego so it's easier just to stay here. Plus, I have extra time to catch up on my assignments."

"Alright, as long as the both of you come up for Christmas."

"I'll definitely be there, but I can't promise Vic will."

"Ooh, Vic." 

"Mom, I have to go." I said, rolling my eyes with a smile.

"Alright honey, bye, love you."

"Love you too." I said, hanging up the phone.

***

I paced around my dorm room, taking a glance at myself in the mirror each time I passed by. I was waiting for Vic to get here and I was a nervous wreck. I was wearing a green dress that went down to my knees and sleeves that went down to the middle of my upper arm. It was V-Neck but not deep enough to show my cleavage. The top of the dress was form fitting but the skirt flared out at my waist. I was wearing black, short heels and neutral, light makeup. My hair was down and curled.

I heard a knock on my door and I answered it

"Wow, you look beautiful." He said with a smile. He was wearing a black button down shirt with black pants. 

"Are you sure I look okay?" I asked, looking down at my outfit.

"You look beautiful. My parents are going to love you." He said with a smile as he kissed me. I kissed him back and we pulled apart.

"Come on, everyone's waiting." He said, reaching out his hand. I grabbed it, along with my keys and phone and followed him out of the door. We went out to his car and he opened my door for me. I slid in and he closed the door, going around to his side and getting in. I buckled my seat belt and he began driving. He tried to make small talk but I was too nervous to reciprocate.

We arrived at his parents house and he turned off the car. I took a deep breath, unbuckled my seat belt and got out of the car. Vic and I met in front of the car and he grabbed my hand. He led me to the front door and opened it.

"I'm back!" Vic called.

"Hello!" A woman gasped, running up and hugging me.

"Mom, don't suffocate my girlfriend." Vic joked, letting go of my hand.

"It's so nice to meet you. I'm Victor's mom. And you're...Oceanna?"

"That's correct ma'am. It's so nice to meet you too."

"Vic can't stop talking about you! Every time we talk about college, your name comes up.

"Moooom!" Vic groaned.

"Victor! Come meet Vic's girlfriend!" She called out. A few seconds later, a man walked into the room. "This is my husband, Victor. Vic's dad." She said.

"It's so nice to meet you." Vic's dad said, holding out his hand for me to shake. I shook it with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you too sir." I said.

"Come, come, meet the rest of the family!" She exclaimed, leading me to the living room.

"Hi, I'm Mike, the cooler, more attractive brother." He smirked holding his hand for me to shake. I shook his hand and Vic groaned.

"Shut up, asshat." Vic said to his brother.

"Victor! Language!" His mom exclaimed, smacking him in the back.

"Ow, ma!" He exclaimed, flinching in pain.

"I've heard a lot about you from Vic. He tells me your skilled on the drums."

"If by skilled you mean loud!" Their dad exclaimed with a laugh. I met the rest of his family and talked for a few minutes with the guys in the living room who were watching football.

"I'm going to go see if anybody needs help in the kitchen." I told Vic, standing up and walking into the kitchen. "Hey, where can I help?" I asked.

***

"I'm grateful for family, the opportunity to attend college, and meeting my amazing girlfriend." Vic said with a smile squeezing my hand.

"I'm grateful for family, everyone I've met at college, including Vic, and getting the opportunity to celebrate this holiday with you guys." I said with a smile. Everyone finished saying what they were grateful for and we finally were able to eat.

"So, Vic tells me you're a nursing major?" His mom asked.

"Yes, I hope to get into SDSU's nursing school my junior year."

"Well good luck to you, what do you want to end up doing?"

"Thank you, I really want to be an emergency room nurse."

"Vic said you're not from around here?" His dad asked.

"I'm from San Francisco." 

"Wow, why'd you come all the way down here?" His mom asked.

"I visited SDSU when I was in sixth grade and I fell in love. I worked hard in school to ensure I could get in. Plus, I absolutely love the city."

***

"Thank you for inviting me." I said as we walked out of the elevator.

"Thank you for coming. My family has been badgering me to bring you by." He said. We made it to my door and shared a long kiss.

"Tori went home for the week, would you like the come in." I winked.

"Get in there sexy." He smirked, smacking my ass as I opened the door.

**************************************************************************************

3 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER