Chapter 7: Campus Carnival

Oceanna's POV

*5 Days Later*

I ran a brush through my hair and smiled at myself in the mirror. I was wearing jean shorts that stopped a little above my mid thigh and a black Motley Crue tank top.My hair was long and it was going to be hot tonight so I only applied a thin line of black eyeliner. 

Vic knocked on my door and I opened to see him in a Poison Tshirt and black knee-length shorts.

"Hey, you ready?" He asked.

"Yup." I said, grabbing my keys and sliding my phone into my pocket. We began walking to the carnival which was easy to find because the 40-ft Ferris wheel towered over the campus. We walked into the carnival and it looked like a normal carnival. Along with the Ferris wheel, there were carnival games with prizes, bumper cars, and a DJ. 

"Let's get in line for the bumper cars!" I exclaimed, grabbing his hand and pulling him over. We stood in line and talked while we waited. It was finally our turn and we got in our individual cars. I strapped in and waited until we got to start. I rammed straight into Vic and he looked at me, gasping. I smirked and quickly drove away before he could catch me. I hit a few other people and then got jolted forward as someone hit me. I turned around and saw Vic smirking at me as he hit me again. We chased each other around until the ride ended. We got out of our cars and walked away from the bumper cars.

"Wow, I'm getting too old for those." Vic laughed, rubbing his lower back. We walked up to one of the game booths and the booth runner gave him 3 balls to knock down some milk bottles. Luckily, since it was a school carnival, everything was free. He played the game maybe five times before he finally won.

"Okay, pick what you want." Vic said.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded. Of course, I picked the big teddy bear. Vic slung it over his shoulder and grabbed my hand as we walked. A little bit later, we ended up meeting up with Midnight and Tori. We played some more games and did the bumper cars again.

Near the end of the night, we all decided to get on the Ferris wheel. We got in line and waited for our turn. It was two to a car so Vic and I got in one and Tori and Midnight got in another. Vic and I pulled the lap bar down over us as the Ferris wheel moved to let people in and out. It finally got moving and we went around 3 times before stopping at the very top.

"It's so beautiful tonight." I said, looking out at the city. We could see all of San Diego from up there.

"Not as beautiful as you." Vic said and I blushed. He grabbed my chin, leaned in and kissed me softly. I kissed back and we held it for a second before he pulled away and dropped his hand. He grabbed his hand in mine and bit his lower lip.

"Oceanna, will you be my girlfriend?" Vic asked nervously.

"Yes, Vic." I said and he smiled big. He leaned in and kissed me more passionately than before. I kissed him back and we held it for a bit longer.

The Ferris wheel began to move again and we lifted our lap bar when we reached the bottom. We got out and rejoined Tori and Midnight. We did one more round of the bumper cars before going back to our dorm. 

"I'll walk you to your room." I said to Vic as the four of us got on the elevator. The doors opened on the second floor and Tori and Midnight walked out. The doors closed again and it went up one level, the doors opening again. We walked out and I walked with him down the hall to his room. He opened his arms and I fell into them, hugging him. He hugged me back and I raised my head to kiss him. He kissed me back and then we pulled apart.

"I had a great time tonight." I said.

"Me too." He said.

"Goodnight." I said with a smile.

"Goodnight." He responded as he opened his door. I walked back to the elevator and went down to my room. I opened my door and jumped when Midnight was standing just on the other side.

"So, how was tonight?" She asked.

"He asked me out!" I squealed and Midnight squealed back. I felt like a stereotypical teenage girl in a movie.

"You said yes right? Of course you said yes! Why wouldn't you say yes? Please tell me you said yes!" Midnight rambled.

"Of course!" I exclaimed and we both squealed again.

"Hey, I'm going to bed, so can you guys take this elsewhere?" Tori asked.

"Yeah, sorry." I said as Midnight and I left my room. We stayed up for an extra 30 minutes as I detailed the night for her. We said goodnight to each other and I went back to my room. I quickly got ready for bed and closed my eyes with a smile on my face.

*****************************************************************************

3 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER