Chapter 12: Winter Break

Oceanna's POV

*Two Weeks Later*

"Oceanna!" My mom exclaimed as I arrived at baggage claim.

"Hi mom." I said, hugging her. I hugged my dad and noticed he had already grabbed my bag off of the carousel. I decided to fly back since it's an eight hour drive. I'll be driving in the summer so that I have my car with me, but for these short breaks it's better to fly back. 

"So, will Vic be joining you at all this break?" She asked as we walked out to the car.

"No, it's to expensive to fly and it's too long of a drive. We can survive a month without seeing each other." I shrugged. I don't want to survive a month without him, but I can do it.

*One Week Later*

I sat in Starbucks, nervously tapping my fingers on the table. Midnight only lives an hour and a half from me, so we decided to meet halfway in Fairfield. Since my car is in San Diego, my mom let me borrow her car.

"Oceanna!" I heard a familiar squeal. I looked over to see Midnight darting towards me. I stood up and we hugged each other tightly. It had only been a week, but what can I say, this is as normal as I've felt in a while. It felt so weird being back home and I missed all my friends at college. She ordered her coffee and we sat and talked until her name was called. She grabbed her coffee and we continued to talk. We spent the day together doing different things around the city.

"You have to come spend the night at my house this summer so we can spend more time together." I said as we were getting ready to part ways.

"Okay, as long as you spend the night at my house."

"Deal." I said and I gave her one last hug before waving bye and getting into the car. I drove back home, talking to Vic the whole way home. Seeing Midnight today made me miss him even more.

*********************************************************************************

Sorry it was short, filler chapter. This is going to be a pretty short book because most of her life happens in the sequel so I'm just making attempts at making this longer.

3 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER