Chapter 28: Test

Chapter 28: Test

Oceanna's POV

*One Month Later*

"Midnight, I really need your help." I said, knocking at her door. Vic was out with a friend so it was just her and I in the apartment.

"What's up?" She asked, opening the door.

"I bought a pregnancy test and I need your support." I said, flashing her the box.

"You what! Oh my god. Do you think-"

"I wouldn't have bought this if I didn't think something was up!" I snapped. "Sorry, I'm just worried. I've been really nauseous lately and I'm late. If I am pregnant I can't handle a baby and nursing school! My parents are eight hours away and they can't help me. I'm going to have to drop out and Vic might never get a chance for his band to succeed and oh my god, oh my god." I started to hyperventelate.

"Shh, it's okay." Midnight said, pulling me in for a hug. "It's going to be alright. I'm sure you're just overreacting. Even if you are pregnant, everything is going to work out fine. Now go take the test, I'll be waiting on your bed." She said, pushing me towards my bathroom. I closed the door and pulled the test out of the box, tossing the box into the trash. I sighed and did what I needed to do before setting it on the counter. I walked back out and sat next to Midnight on the bed. I glanced at the time and took mental note of what time the results would be ready.

For five minutes, we sat on the bed in silence. This can't be fucking happening. I glanced up again and five minutes had passed. I stood up and walked into the bathroom, looking down at the test.

"It's negative." I said, letting out a relieved sigh. I wrapped the test in toilet paper and tossed it into the trash. No need for Vic to see that.

"I'm happy for you...that sounds weird to say." Midnight giggled.

"Don't worry, it's okay to be happy for me, I'm happy. I want kids some day, but after I have a career." I laughed. "Oh god, Vic and I haven't even talked about if we want kids."

"Well, now is as good a time as any." She shrugged and walked out of the room.

Vic's POV

I walked into the bathroom once I got home and did my business. I was walking to the sink when I noticed a box in the trash. I glanced and saw it was a box for a pregnancy test. What the fuck? And it's empty. Is Oceanna pregnant? Why hasn't she told me.

"Oceanna! Why the fuck is there an empty pregnancy test box in the trash.

"Fuck!" She groaned. "I forgot to get rid of that sneakier.

"Do you have something to tell me?"

"Don't worry, I was worried I was pregnant but the test was negative."

"So, you just weren't going to tell me?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't think it mattered since I'm not pregnant."

"I just wish you would have confided in me when you had this scare."

"It was easier to talk to Midnight. Her life wouldn't have been affected as much as our lives would've been. I was already freaking out and Midnight had a cool head that I needed to talk me off the ledge. Plus, we haven't even talked about the future. I don't know how you feel about kids, marriage, any of that stuff!"

"Well, I want to marry you some day Oce. I want you to be the mother of my children. I want to build a life with you and grow old with you. I love you so much." I said and she teared up.

"I feel the same way." She said with a big smile. We shared a hug and a kiss, holding onto each other for a little while.

****************************************************************************

3 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER