Battle Means Death... Doesn't It?

Start bij het begin

"Kili. You okay?" She grabbed the sides of his face and lifting it up so he could meet her eyes.

"Well, you're here. I'm here. Fili's here. We just have to protect the others, and I'll be perfect."

"Well, let's go then." Y/n grabbed Kili's hand and flew him up to where Thorin was fighting Azog. The eagles had arrived, along with Radagast and Beorn, who was fighting down on the battlefield. Smaug was flying over the battle as well, setting fire to orcs.

Azog was going to attack Thorin, but Y/n shot a fireball at the orc. She shouted, "Hey, pig face! Over here!" By this time, Fili had joined Y/n and Kili, sword raised and ready to attack. Azog turned and sneered at them. He began after them, raising his used-to-be-hand-now-blade ready to strike Y/n, but she stopped it with her sword, pushing him back. She ducked under his legs to get to Thorin, while Fili and Kili fought him to keep him distracted. Azog had knocked both brothers to the snow and began after Y/n.

"Come on, my king. On your feet," Y/n tools Thorin, holding her hand out. Thorin went to reach for her hand, but instead pointed behind her. She spun around, just in time to see Moon block his hit, getting hit instead and tossed away. Y/n gasped in horror as tears spilled from her eyes and her hand cover her mouth. She hurried over to the bee she met so long ago at Beorn's house and lifted him into her palms. In her moment of agony, Thorin and Fili attacked the pale orc while Kili went to the fiery haired girl. She knelt at the edge of a frozen waterfall, holding a slowly breathing Moon in her hands. Small, soft buzzes came from the bee, and they seemed almost sad.

"Moon, no... Not you..." Y/n whispered. Kili knelt down beside her, placing his arm around her shoulder as she sobbed. A sad buzz came from Moon, as if he was saying it would be okay, and that it wasn't her fault.

"You can't go, Moon. You're my friend. Please... Don't go..." Thorin and Fili had successfully killed Azog and went over to Y/n. Fili knelt on the other side of her, rubbing her back in comfort. Kili softly stroked Moon's body as she saw his breathing get slower. Moon let out a weak but happy buzz, fluttering his wings one last time before he went limp in her hands. Once Y/n realized that he was gone, her sobs got louder and more ragged as she listened to the soft howling of the wind.

"Y/n..." Kili said sadly. Y/n looked up at him with red, teary eyes, and it broke his heart. He pulled her into his arms and she held Moon's lifeless body close to her chest. Bilbo and Dwalin joined them, confused looks on their face, so Thorin went to talk to them and tell them what happened.

"Y/n, look... The eagles are here... And Smaug. The orcs are retreating. We won, Amrâlimê. We won..." Kili stroked her back in comfort. She moved her arm, reaching into a secret pocket on her armor, pulling out Kili's promise rock and holding it out to him.

"Here you go..." she sniffed.

"You keep it." She looked up at him, confused and he nodded. "Keep it." She smiled softly and placed the stone back.

"I want to bring him back to Erebor... And bury him there..." Y/n mumbled.

"We can do that." Smaug landed behind them, and Y/n went over to him and climbed on his back. He seemed to sense her pain and remained silent as he flew towards the mountain. He landed outside and Y/n got off, still holding Moon's fuzzy body in her hands. When the dwarves arrived, they had made a hole right next to the door, where Y/n placed Moon's body inside, and they soon covered him in dirt. They placed a small stone on the freshly replaced soil that had the word Moon etched into it.

Y/n stayed by the bee's grave for hours, Smaug, Kili, and Fili staying by her side as she mourned. They felt her pain and didn't want her to be alone any longer than she had to. Thorin had giving the jewels to Thranduil that he wanted, and in return, Thranduil gave them supplies that they needed to rebuild Erebor, and offered assistance whenever they needed it.

But for now, they rested.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

A/N: Moon dying was the part that I said in a previous author's note made me cry. 😭😭😭 I cried while writing this, and I'm sorry if I made any of you cry, but hey! The sons of Durin are still alive! That's a good thing! I fear that I am almost finished with the book, but we'll see later... Anyways, hope this was an enjoyable chapter!
Bye, lovelies!!

 Anyways, hope this was an enjoyable chapter!Bye, lovelies!!

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.