Blunt The Knives... Oh Wait, He's Here

The many dwarves now joined Dwalin, Balin, Fili, and Kili in the house while Bilbo chased after them, hoping there was nothing that they were destroying. Y/n joined them in raiding the pantry, bringing it to the table so they could eat what they pleased. All of them were laughing and talking with one another, while Y/n leaned against a wall, watching them enjoy themselves.

"Excuse me, Mr. Gandalf?" one of the dwarves asked. Gandalf smiled down at the dwarf, for he was a ways taller than them. Y/n only reached about his shoulders...

"Yes?"

"May I tempt you with a cup of chamomile?"

"Ooh, no thank you, Dori. A little red wine, for me I think," Gandalf said. He then began walking through the house, counting every single dwarf in the house, muttering their names to himself. "Uh..Fili, Kili. Uh…Oin, Gloin. Dwalin, Balin. Bifur, Bofur, Bombur. Dori, Nori."

Bilbo followed one of the dwarves, calling him out for taking his tomatoes, and Gandalf loudly said, "Ori!"

As Y/n watched the dwarves talk and laugh, she felt at home. She felt safe. Fili got on the table, walking down the line of dwarves, offering them ale, to which most of them cheered. He held out the mug of ale to Y/n, who shook her head. Fili shrugged, returning to his seat.

"C'mon, lassie! You should eat something!" Balin exclaimed.

"I'm good. You guys enjoy!" Y/n chuckled. She heard Bilbo complain to Gandalf about the dwarves destroying his house, when Ori walked up to him, holding his empty plate.

"Excuse me, I’m sorry to interrupt. But what should do with my plate?"

Fili looked at Ori, "Here you go, Ori, give it to me." Fili tossed it to Kili, who tossed it to another dwarf in the kitchen. And again with another plate.

"Excuse me! That’s my mother’s Westfarthing pottery, it’s over a hundred years old!" Bilbo said with anger in his voice. Several of the dwarves began to use the cutlery to make noises as they stomped their feet on the floor, rhythmically.

"And…and, ca…can you not do that, you’ll blunt them!"

Bofur held in his laughter as he spoke, "Ooh, d’you hear that, lads? He says we’ll blunt the knives!" Y/n perked up as they used the dishes and cutlery to make music.

"Blunt the knives, bend the forks," Kili began, winking at Y/n, who joined in with Fili.

"Smash the bottles and burn the corks.

Chip the glasses and crack the plates.

That’s what Bilbo Baggins hates!

Cut the cloth and tread on the fat.

Leave the bones on the bedroom-mat,

pour the milk on the pantry-floor,

splash the wine on every door,

dump the crocks in a boiling bowl,

pound them up with a thumping pole.

When you’ve finished, if any are whole,

send them down the hall to roll!"

Y/n began to dance through the hallway as Gandalf laughed at their antics. Kili grabbed her hand, spinning her around as the song finished.

"That’s what Bilbo Baggins hates!"

They all laughed and cheered as Bilbo saw the dishes perfectly stacked and cleaned on the table, much to the hobbit's surprise. A loud knock on the door caused everyone to freeze in place.