Bear Man?

It's been 12 months since they left the Shire. Bilbo was keeping a lookout for orcs and wargs and anything else that may want to kill them. Y/n leaned against a rock, opening and closing her hand. When her had was open, shapes formed made of fire. When her hand was closed, the fire disappeared. Kili sat next to her, his head on her shoulder as he attempted to get some sleep.

"Hey, Fili!" Y/n whispered. Fili knelt beside her and smiled.

"Yeah?" he asked. Y/n opened her hand, and an eagle made of fire swirled around his head, only to land on her finger and dissolve into ash.

Fili chuckled softly. "Very impressive, milady. Let me just say, you've been a huge help in fighting the orcs. I think they're afraid of you."

"Well they should be! I'm intimidating!" Y/n smiled childishly, causing Fili to laugh. But the laughter was cut short as Bilbo joined the group again.

"How close is the pack?" Thorin asked.

"Too close, couple of leagues, no more. But that’s not the worst of it," Bilbo answered.

"Have the Orcs picked up our scent?" Dwalin questioned.

Bilbo looked to him. "Not yet, but they will do. We have another problem."

"What is it?" Y/n inquired.

"Did they see you?"

"No, that’s not it."

"Good, what did I tell you? Quite as a mouse. Excellent burglar material," Gandalf smiled. The dwarves murmured in agreement.

"Will you listen! I’m trying to tell you there is something else out there," Bilbo uttered.

"What form did it take? Like a bear?"

Bilbo stared at the wizard's eyes. "Ye…Yes, but bigger. Much bigger." Gandalf's eyes hardened as he turned the other way, thinking.

"I say we double back."

"We’ll be run down by a pack of Orcs."

"There is a house," Gandalf paused. "It’s not far from here, where we might take refuge."

Thorin spoke up, "Whose house? Are they friend or foe?"

"Neither. He will help us or he will kill us..." Gandalf said grimly.

"What choice do we have?" Thorin asked. Y/n opened her hand, a fiery bear running through the night sky. They all looked at her for an explanation, to which she closed her hand.

"Juts thought I'd... Lighten the mood," she shrugged and looked down. When she looked up, Kili was smiling at her. She blushed hard and looked down again, until a roar like noise filled the air.

"None." The dwarves race away from their hiding spot at full speed, dodging obstacles that appeared on their path. A pack of orcs were directly behind them, nearly on their heels. Y/n sent several fireballs back at them, but they dodged her attacks. A secondary growl sounded, causing the orcs to fall back. Pretty soon, a house came into view, and Gandalf ushered the Company towards the house. A few of the dwarves attempt to open the door, only for it to not budge.

"Open the door!" Thorin rushed forward and the dwarves managed to get the door open.

"In! In!" Gandalf urged. They made their way inside, beginning to push the door closed, only to have the bear pushed it's snout through the door, growling and roaring.

"Close it!" With everyone at the door, they completely shut it, each person breathing heavily.

"Well. That was fun," Y/n said sarcastically. "Who was that?!"