Things have changed. But I believe who I was still remained. I grew, but I had the same morals and values. After piling the folders in a nice pile for Jaxon, I took a good look at myself in the cosmetic mirror in the corner of my desk. 

        My face has also changed. I have become extremely attractive—not that I wasn't before, of course.

      After cleaning my desktop, I pulled out the drawers. There were two containers of lipstick that I kept for emergencies. Both were red. I took one of them and gently fixed my lips to perfection, before putting it in my purse. 

      Something glinted from the corner of my eyes as I turned. I did a double-take. The Empress pin sat there, waiting for me to pick it up. I haven't touched it for so long. When I moved into this office, I placed it in the drawer, but I never took a good look at it.

        The last time was years ago. 

        Slowly, I took the pin. It was cold, so cold between my fingers. I pinched it and admired how it looked. It brought back memories. Good and bad memories. I couldn't help but have a smile on my face. There was a wave of emotions overpowering me. I believe Jasmine could turn around and see my goofy smile, but I didn't care. 

       Hua Er's pin stayed at my house, in the drawer of my vanity mirror.

      After tidying everything up and collecting things I needed, I took the Empress pin and gently placed it in my purse. 

      "See you next month, Ms. Han," Jasmine said as I walked past. "I'll miss you!"

      I turned around. "Don't do anything stupid—especially in the elevator. There will be consequences. Tell that to my temporary replacement as well."

        "Won't promise you that," the familiar voice was heard. 

       Ah, I forgot to tell you about Jaxon.

       We were business partners. Not lovers. Things just didn't work out. I was an ambitious woman, I wanted to start up the company as soon as possible and I wasn't emotionally available. Jaxon and I remained friends. Now that I think of it, I think one of the only reasons he decided to help me was because he wanted a hot secretary. 

       I stared at him.

       It was probably the only reason.

      "Shut up," I rolled my eyes. "You be good."

      He crossed his arms and smirked. 

       "I will," he patted my back. "Go get your rest. You've been stressing too much... Carmen... Is that a strand of grey hair?"

       "Where?" I shrieked.

       I heard laughter erupt. Jasmine was stifling her laughter, but Jaxon burst into a sly chuckle. He was annoying and I'm surprised I let him stay for so long. 

       Jaxon's laugh slowly faded. "It always gets you, doesn't it?"

      "Goodbye!" I flipped my hair and turned around, walking towards the elevator with the loud and rapid click of my heels.

        My chauffeur opened the door of the slick black car. I hurriedly stepped in and adjusted myself comfortably. The engines were on again.

      Should I visit? It's been five years... The Emperor promised he wouldn't be mad if I didn't visit, but I felt like this was the best time to visit. I had a month. The Empress pin glinted in the drawer for me to see it... There was no sunlight in this autumn weather. It was meant to be.