75

The sounds of footsteps rushing in woke me up. I slowly opened my eyes and realised that I wasn't in my chamber. My own maids were here, though. 

        They kneeled down and bowed. "Warm blessings to the Empress."

        I stretched my body and felt my arms hit the bed. "At ease..."

        I was still in the Emperor's chamber. As I rubbed my legs against the soft silk blankets, I felt lighter. Then I realised. After scanning the room, my brocade hanfu was beautifully hung. I wasn't wearing it.

         I immediately got up and looked down. Soft, silk sleepwear. My maids gave me an odd look, but my old maids were smirking. "Your Majesty had said you'd never lay with the Emperor!"

        My eyes widened. Did we? No, we didn't. I fell asleep on his chest and that was that. I don't think he'd have sex me while I was sleeping. I didn't think, I knew. I would've been awake. I was always a light sleeper.

        Who changed my clothes? Was it the Emperor himself? That pervert... If he did, I don't know what I'd do. Possibly murder? 

        "I-I didn't," I let out a loud yawn. Snoopy put Dragon on my lap and I automatically started petting her. "Where is His Majesty?"

        "Right here," the Emperor entered. The maids quietly bowed in his presence, not wanting to interrupt our conversation. He sat on the edge of the bed and looked at me. "How did you sleep?"

        "Like a baby, Your Majesty," I moaned, stretching again. I touched my sleep hanfu. "Did you change me yourself?"

          Now that I think of it, I didn't really care. My nude body was something I was pretty open with actually. I just think a heads up would've been nicer. 

        The Emperor chuckled. "No. My maids helped you with it. I didn't want to invade your privacy."

        As we looked at each other, I smiled.

        I was a nervous wreck. Now, I stood on foreign ground. The large field was more than enough space for polo to take place. There was enough space for the audience to sit and watch as well. I can imagine the Emperor sitting on the horse, using that stick to push the ball. I laughed a little to myself. How funny would it be to see that? 

        Li Shu was with me while I got out of the sedan chair. I was the first one there. Well, not exactly. I know Minister Feng kept tabs on me and he was waiting for me to make a move so he could catch me in the act. 

        Minister Feng was a man who loved attention. Many officials were like that. Even when he was in court, he was slightly dramatic. So I know he wanted to look like a big hero. He wouldn't stop me now, he would try and put me on the spot later.

          I felt Minister Feng's presence. I don't know where he was, but the look on Li Shu's face told me he knew. Holding the object in my hand, I strutted casually into the stable. To my surprise, the horses had enough room. My eyes wandered to the beautiful horses. They looked at me in curiosity, and so did I. I never saw a horse in real life before. Ponies don't count.

          Obviously, I couldn't resist petting the horses. All of them. I noticed a black horse. As I touched the collar, I noticed it said 'Emperor' in gold. This was the Emperor's horse. A smile crept on my face when I gently turned the collar a little to the left. All the horses' collars were in the middle but Minister Feng would think I tampered with the horse. 

           Then, I dropped the object in the haystack and walked out the other way. I walked on the flat grass. It felt weird under my shoes. I haven't walked in the grass for so long. Many others will soon come and I had to go back. I climbed into the sedan chair back to my estate.