•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•

"Aiyah!"

Feng Jiu felt a sense of deja vu as she was once again flung onto the ground, the air knocked out from her lungs, and stars appeared in her vision as the world around her swam in circles. 

"I'll remember you for this, Si Ming..." Feng Jiu grumbled, dusting herself as she stood up, and the blade in her hand clanked in its scabbard. Although it was clumsier and heavier than her Tao Zhu Sword, made by none other than Bai Qian herself, but after all, it was a good blade as well, gifted to her for one of her birthdays back when she was a playful kit for some self protection. 

Glancing around, Feng Jiu instantly recognised the palace that Di Jun was supposedly at, and she began walking towards it, hoping to get some clues from others. Her clip had fallen loose, and Feng Jiu's hair was half down as she strode down the streets curiously, glancing between stalls to listen out for news.

"The Crown Prince comes of age soon, I hear..." A peasant woman said to another, and Feng Jiu crept nearer to listen. Si Ming had mentioned Di Jun as being born to be a royal in his first trial, and a lowly born in the second, and so news about the Crown Prince most certainly would concern Di Jun.

"Yes, yes, but the Eldest Prince isn't pleased...they're holding a hunting match, in fact, to see who is the better one…" The other woman nodded, and a third woman suddenly butted in, her basket full of laundry temporarily forgotten as she spoke excitedly, "Have you heard the rules? Before the competition, they'll hold a smaller one for us peasants! It's right today, in just four hours' time, all the way at the entrance of the hunting forest north of here. Both princes can only pick hunters to join their team from the common folk!"

"Oh goodness! I better inform my husband!" The second woman exclaimed, rushing off, and Feng Jiu instantly submerged into deep thought, "What if I were to join? It would be an excellent chance to get some information on Di Jun, would it not?" "Ah, yes, of course, but bear in mind it's men only!" The third woman called after the disappearing two, and Feng Jiu was disappointed. Yet again she would have to crossdress as a male. With no choice, Feng Jiu reached up, securing her hair tightly, then checking that she had worn on the right male attire for hunting, and lastly heading towards the stable nearby to grab a horse.

"Young warrior, would you like to buy or rent a horse?" The stable boy asked, and Feng Jiu scanned the horses quickly. There was one of pure white, with only a single black mark upon its forehead, and Feng Jiu smiled. That counted as some sort of a birthmark, did it not? Besides, the horse was young and strong, and its build was excellent for Feng Jiu's needs. "I'll have that one." Feng Jiu pointed at it, and it flicked its ears at her almost cheekily. 

"Young man, hardly any have tamed it, I suggest you try another." An old man advised, but Feng Jiu only smiled. In Qing Qiu, there wasn't a single animal that didn't like her, and there wasn't a single animal she couldn't tame. A horse was no trouble at all. "If I can tame it, will you sell it to me?" Feng Jiu grinned at the stable boy, who, of course, nodded at her, and with one quick step, Feng Jiu sat atop the white horse, without even having a saddle.

It reared on its hind legs at once, stomping and kicking in an attempt to fling Feng Jiu off, but she merely laughed, leaning close to its ear and speaking into it. To the mortals it was a miracle, but to Feng Jiu it was just another language she had grown proficient in in her training to become a regent of Qing Qiu. The horse quietened down at once, and Feng Jiu rode it back to the counter with ease, sliding off and placing a piece of silver on the countertop.

The stable boy instantly grabbed a saddle from inside, fitting the horse for Feng Jiu quickly, and when he was done, Feng Jiu leapt onto the horse's back again. Time was running out. She'd have less than two hours to travel to the north, and she had to get there fast. Nodding at both the old man and the stable boy, Feng Jiu spurred the horse, and with a whinny, it set off at once.

•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•

"Are you here to register?" A soldier asked Feng Jiu gruffly, and she glanced at the forest. Two royals sat in a tent, and there were many ordinary folks who were already practicing at the targets. "Yes." Feng Jiu replied in a more masculine tone, and the soldier glanced her up down, before he jerked his head, "Pick a bow and quiver, then find a target to practice at." And with that, the soldier left at once, and Feng Jiu rolled her eyes at his attitude. 

The bows were all of poor quality, and Feng Jiu noticed that most of them had brought their own. Quickly, she summoned a bow of her own, a sturdy and flexible one, and picking up a full quiver, she headed towards an empty target.

"Out of my way!" A huge figure appeared, shoving Feng Jiu to the ground, taking her target instead, and Feng Jiu jumped back up at once, fuming, "I came here first! Who are you to take it from me?" "A puny man like you can't shoot. Scram back to your mother, little boy." The man snickered, and Feng Jiu was infuriated. "If I can land 5 shots on that target, this target is mine!" Feng Jiu snarled, pointing at the other empty one, that was near the end of the targets, and the man snorted, "Deal."

Feng Jiu drew five arrows at once. No one would ever call her weak! Never! With her fury, each shot landed dead center, and when she was finished, she turned back to the astonished man, "Keep your promise." "Fine!" The man grunted reluctantly, and Feng Jiu smirked. She won fair and square. The target was hers now.

Little did she know, someone had witnessed the entire challenge between her and the man.

Someone seated in the tent.

With the title of "Crown Prince."

•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•

A/N: YEEEEEEEEEE THE DONGHUA/FENGJIU MOMENT YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR IS ALMOST HEREEEEEEEEEEE

Once again, I have to ask you guys for your choices...

Next chapter, would you like...
1) Dong Hua & Feng Jiu
Or
2) Bai Qian & Little Riceball (Eeeeeeeee I just love A-Li UwU) + Mo Yuan & Ye Hua (Mo Yuan wakes up, then the two brothers have a heart to heart talk coz I know you guys are definitely just waiting for that)

Sooooooooooooooooooooo...comment if you'd like 1) or 2) !!!

With great anticipation of your answers so that I may start writing the next chapter,
Z, out