Jaxon had the same look on his face. He wanted to tell me something. As he buttoned his jeans, he turned to face me. "Carmen, it's not too late to just stay. You can go home anytime."

      "We're not having this conversation," I said as I walked towards my clothes. I took off my attire—which I struggled into taking off—and grabbed my top. Jaxon faced the other way. "I already told you this. I want to go home."

      After quickly putting on my clothes, I submerged myself into the water. Jaxon turned around to face me. I gave him a reassuring smile. He plopped himself in after. The water splashed everywhere and I laughed when it got on my face. 

      Everything will be over soon. I'll be coming home soon. It seemed like I've been here for a decade but it has only been a little bit over a year. I was going to miss waking up and having everything done for me. I was going to miss being able to eat lavish, dress lavish, and look lavish. 

       Now to think of it, I can't go back home broke. I'll have to quit my job making minimum wage and do something... There was just no way I was going to downgrade.

       I had my phone stuffed in my bra. My upper chest was not submerged in water. My left hand held Jaxon's hand, and my right hand gripped Hua Er's pin and the Empress pin tightly. I was never going to let go of either one. The silk bolts the Emperor gave me were in a small bag I knitted. My wrist was in the handles.

        Jaxon faced me. "Are you ready?"

       I closed my eyes and started to drift. "More than ready."

       This time, there was no impact on my head nor any physical harm. I was in a meditative state and I stayed like that. I was no longer aware of time, or the space around me. Everything was just energy.

      My body felt light, yet heavy. The transcending feel of my body caused me to fall into a deep sleep, and I let myself relax.

      Slowly, I opened my eyes to the bright sunlight above me. The scenery of the light blue sky and the slow-moving clouds was the first thing I saw. I heard the swift movements of the vehicles around me. I heard a honk as well. The next thing I saw, I assumed it would be Jaxon. I sat up from the field I was laying on, but I didn't see Jaxon anywhere. 

      "Jaxon?" I looked around. My phone was still in my chest, but my pins were nowhere to be found.

        No. 

        This was impossible.

        I started to realise where I was. Cars were silently driving past, passing each other fast on the highway. This was the same place where I fell out of the car.

        Could it be...

        No. 

        Everything that I've experienced was real. I could not be in deep sleep in the middle of a hill for this long. For a year? No. 

      My heart was beating fast. I was panicking. Jaxon was not a figment of my imagination, so where did he go? Where did the pins go? 

      I couldn't go back if I don't have my pins! 

      Tears began to form in my eyes and I wished I wasn't embarrassing myself in the middle of nowhere. My hands were rummaging through my body... maybe the pins fell somewhere. I got on my hands and knees and tried to find them but it was like finding a needle in a haystack. Literally.