Hey, Look! A Dragon!

Start from the beginning

Thorin and the dwarves were  reminiscing about memories in the mountain's halls as they went inside. Y/n created a small fireball in her hand to shed light on the passage. She began to walk ahead, hoping to find the dragon and reason with him. Once she neared a corner, another tug filled her chest, as if something inside the mountain was calling her.

"Y/n?" Balin questioned. "Where you off to, lass?"

"I'm just looking. I'll be okay," she replied. Following her gut, she rounded the corner and continued through the passageways, eventually coming across a huge cavern filled with gold coins and gemstones, glittering in the light. Y/n gazed at the glittering objects in complete awe, almost as if it was placing her in a trance. Some of the coins shifted, and a dragon eye opened and looked right at her.

The fire colored iris seemed to glow as a dragon's head pushed itself out of the treasure. The dragon leaned towards Y/n, huffing slightly, sending a burst of hot air into her face. She coughed slightly, shaking her head, hoping to remove the smell from her nose.

"Who are you?" Smaug inquired, snaking around her. She glanced over and saw Bilbo enter the room at the same time, placing a finger to his lips to keep his position secret.

"Uh, I'm Y/n, O Great Smaug. I was sent to reason with you, for you see, I have fire for hair. So if you would let me, I'd like to try," Y/n said. Smaug continued to circle her, eyeing her entire body. Under the dragon's gaze, Y/n felt tiny and useless.

"I see your hair, but it means nothing. I have seen nearly all of Middle Earth, and never once heard of a girl with fire for hair..." Smaug growled, slinking down to the gold and placing his head on the path that Y/n was currently on. He stared at her as she stood there, feeling afraid under his gaze.

"Well? Aren't you going to attempt to reason with me?"

"Oh, yeah. Listen. There's a lot of people out there in the world. A lot of innocent people who are going to get hurt should you get out. I don't want to see that happen, so please. Don't attack Lake Town."

Smaug lifted his head quickly, almost seeming to glare at the girl. "Lake Town? Those pipsqueaks deserve it! That town is horrible. They're all so... Loud. So in the event that I escape, Lake Town will be the first place to get destroyed!" Smaug's head was right in front of her, his eyes angry. There was something about his orange eyes that seemed almost... Familiar to Y/n. She tilted her head to the side, almost rushing through her memory, searching for why he seemed so familiar...

"Can't think of anything else to reason with, love?" Smaug asked. Y/n seemed to cringe with Smaug's name for her, and the dragon noticed this. He almost smirked as he circled around her once again, his head on the opposite side of her body and his neck behind her back.

"I'm going to tell you a part of the prophecy no one knows, and I expect you to pay attention, Y/n," Smaug paused, looking down at the gold as he spoke, fearing if he took his eyes off the gold, it would disappear in an instant. "True the prophecy says that a girl with fire for hair will reason with me, but what they don't say is that the girl will fail to persuade me not to attack the city, and falls under a spell. From what I can see, the spell is affecting you."

"What?" Y/n whispered.

"Yes. You're starting to be affected. The easiest thing for you is to just give in. Close your eyes, Y/n." As if some invisible force took over, she closed her eyes and listened. "And open." Y/n obeyed and felt something deep inside, like if her soul became pure fire. Y/n looked around and saw that Smaug was going towards Bilbo. Y/n smirked to herself and slunk back into the passageway she came from. Keeping her head down, she made her way towards the entrance where the dwarves were bound to be near, keeping as silent as possible.