XXXVIII:SEÑORITA AND KNIGHT

KADI

A half-hour later, I walked out in the kitchen. I was not wearing any shirt, just sweat pants and socks. I sat at the corner of the couch in the living room where the brat had planted herself. For quite a while, she had held her tea since before I entered the kitchen to find some food.

I shoved an almond cake into my mouth. Her eyes were glued to the television while absent-mindedly been holding bread in her hand. I waved a hand in front of her that made her flinched and blinked her eyes many times.

"Care to tell?" I asked her, sliding my body closer to where she sits. She rubbed her eyes and finally able to look back at me.

I raised my both brows in question, waiting for her to answer me. Her body turned in sideways, throwing a serious expression. "Rosseitte," she started but paused in the middle, it seemed that she had to gather some words. "She was having a hard time with a long-haired woman," she paused once more, looking like she's having trouble with her words. "She's too young to have trauma."

She shut her eyes closed, slowly shaking her head as she massages the back of her neck.

I scratched my neck, trying to pull some right words. "Should we hire another therapist for her?" I asked.

She scratched her eyebrow and brushed her fingers in her hair. "No, she has already cut her hair short."

My eyes widened in shock. "She went that far?" I questioned in a gasp.

Rowan nodded as a response to my question. "Should we too?" I asked that made froze from reaching out some food on the side table.

"What?" I exclaimed. "I'm a man," I quickly continued.

The holes of her nose widened, as she rolled her eyes at me. "Yeah, sure. You have a quite manly face," she said in sarcasm, snorting three times.

I grabbed a strand of hair is pulled it. "Fine, I'll do what you wish," I said, pulling out her hairs. She grunted, slapping my hands.

Rowan let the conversation end so we can proceed to cut off our hair. I finished earlier than her, it must be tough to let go of her beloved hair that had groomed for so many years.

I stared at the mirror, looking intently at my reflection. I rather feel alienated with this clean and manly stylish haircut. I paused in shock when I saw a woman beside me.

"Holy shit!" I swore out of sudden.

Rowan burst into laughter, pressing a hand on her chest. "Language," she mimicked me how I nagged her with her foul mouth. "Do I look that ugly?" She asked.

I slapped a hand on my mouth. "Why did you have a boy cut?" I ignored her question and just shot her question. I threaded both hands through her hair when I walked closer to her.

She flashed a small grin to me. "I once wanted to have a cut like this, it was just that I have forgotten about it when you always take care of my hair," she confessed, looking shy to me.

"You look gorgeous," I complimented which was quite true because she totally slays it.

"Siguro," she replied with a dubious expression painted on her face.

"Still have a hard time accepting compliments?" I teased her, poking her side as we both walk out of the building.

Our time in the travel was lightened up by one old soulful song, seeing the roads and trying to ease our worries. I tried to hide my guilt that seeing my past came back to haunt me down and resulting in casualties

Well, I'm not allowed to blame myself or Rowan will punish me—severely.

I shuddered, recalling her tortures. She was so evil and merciless señorita, spraying water all over my office, destroying my projects or my work, and worst, she throws my clothes to the dog's house. Instead of comforting me when I'm suffering from anxiety and depression, all she could do was to stress me out more.