XXII:KNIGHT

KADI

"Ah, Mmm." She faked a weird and enticing sound. She kept teasing me as I massage her sprained ankle that was resting in my lap. She leaned her head against the chair and covered her eyes with her hand. "There, there. Oh yes, That's it. Sige pa," she said, moaning and teasing me more.

I scratched my neck, shortly holding my breath. "Drop it," I warned her. Increasing the pressure that I inserted on my massage.

Bakit ang hilig mo mang-asar!

She ended up screaming in pain. "Si Kadi naman e'. Minsan nga lang ako makatanggap ng hard massage tapos parang binabalak mo pa na pilayin ako." Her face made an adorable mad expression, complaining to me and ruffling her tied her.

I squinted my eyes while smiling at her. She frowned. "By the way, what happened between you and my best friend?" she asked me and started to rub her feet in my lap.

Hinampas ko agad ang mga binti niya. "That's a secret," I answered as I forced to take off her feet.

This pervert brat.

"You tell me or tell me?" she demanded and strongly pinned her feet in my lap. She burst into an evil laugh when I couldn't take off her feet.

I sighed heavily. "He offered me money before our wedding." I lazily complied with her.

She raised a brow and faked a pretend she didn't hear what I said. "Pardon, what was it?" she asked in a pissed tone with disbelief written on her face.

"I said, he offered me," she suddenly lifted her hand, palm faces toward me. It meant I didn't need to repeat that line.

Her eyes flew to my face shooting glares at me. "That sounds wrong and ridiculous," she said and prodded her hand on her forehead. "For what?" she looked at me intently and scowled at me.

"As a gift," I responded quickly.

Her mouth gaped in surprise. "What?" she exclaimed in disbelief. "My gosh, beauty. Can't you fix your sentence in a better way when you informed people?" she nagged me.

She slightly squeezed her left breast—chest I mean. Woah... what a sight. "I thought he bribe you to marry me. Jusko." She took a deep breath and exhaled in relief.

I can't help but chuckle. I locked my eyes to hers. "You're overthinking again," I calmly told her.

"Did he offer you anything apart from the money?" she said, sounding like she's interrogating me to get something an important piece of information.

I grinned, almost laughing. "What kind of something else?" I disputed. I was tapping my fingers on her feet.

She massaged the back of her neck. It seemed that her patience was running low to keep up with a wordplay. "A paper," she responded quickly.

"What kind of paper?" She was impatient, deliberately didn't let me finish my line.

"A valuable one. A contract or a threat—so what is it?" she hissed. I remained in silence as I held her stares. She raised her brows and tilted her head. She gestured her hand in a fast and short in a circular way to hurry me.

Her peevish attitude amuses me every time. "A piece of information about you," I conceded.

She let out a slow breath. "What's his planning?" she wondered, making a confused expression.

"Come on, don't brood about that crazy physiatrist. He must be planning a disaster, but I'm sure it's not about bringing us apart from each other." I assured her and reached out for my notebook to resume my class presentation tomorrow.

She shuddered when she thought something. "He also gave me a piece of information about you," she revealed to me and slouched her body in a cushioned chair she was been sitting on.

I stopped my hands from typing and clapped it three times, amused to the sudden twist of the situation. "Sure, he's more useful than being a hindrance to our relationship," I muttered and continued with my work.

"Yeah, but he didn't give me even just a small penny." She bemoaned, pouting her small-full-lips. "Halik lang."

It made me pause from typing, swiftly darting a stare to her. "What?" I growled.

She guffawed in such an unladylike manner. "Joke lang. But he was about to kiss," she purposely stopped from speaking waiting for me to react to her words, "you in my dream," she finished her disrupted sentence.

She pouted her lips as she crossed her arms in front of her healthy chest. "That's boring," she whined.

I gazed at my watch. "Sleep," I ordered her softly.

"Inuutusan mo ba ako?" she asked in haughty expression.

She purposely kicked me gently. "Sleep, brat. It was about eight o'clock in the evening," I said, reminding her to mind her sleeping hours. I lifted her body and laid her in my lap.

In an awkward position, I tried to resume working on my presentation. She opened her eyes after closing it a few seconds. This bratty woman just stared blankly at the ceiling. "Yes?" I said to call her attention back.

"I forgot to tell you about Grace," she uttered. "Um, if you don't mind. Let's make her stay here at our house because she's living way too far from us. Grace will travel about four hours a day if she works here," she sounded shy as she told me while fiddling her earrings.

I bit my lower lip to remind myself that my bratty wife is still in the middle of the physical recovering phase. "It is up to you, brat. I'm willing to support your decisions as long it won't harm you," I told her, trying to focus my attention back to my work.

She cutely yawned. "Mm. Okay, thank you," she said in a murmur.

"I love you," I mumbled.

"Night, beauty," she said in harmony with my words.

I was sure she didn't even notice that I said something. I hid a smile as I resumed typing again. After I finished my work, I watched her sleep for a few minutes. I realized how uncomfortable was sleeping in my lap, but she needed it so she'll be able to sleep early.

My face went nearer to her face. My fingers fixed some of her tangled hair. "Get well soon, my sleeping señorita," I whispered to her ears and wiped her oily forehead. I poked her lips and laughed at myself, realizing what I'm doing.

I stared at her, appreciating her simple beauty, and then let my sinful lip brushes against hers. My kisses trailed down to her olive-skinned neck. She groaned in response and unconsciously hugged my neck, which made me unable not to move for a few seconds. I glued my eyes to her lips that my lips wanted to ravish.

"I love you, Señorita," I whispered.

I only received a childlike 'mmm-mmm' moan from her. Since she already wrapped her arms around me. I gently and carefully carried her to our room. When we reached there, I piled a bunch of pillows for her to sleep.

"Just a little bit more patience," I said to myself as tilted my head and my body curled in a servile manner. "Ugh," I suppressed my groan in agony while pressing hard my inches.

Damn.

To be continued...