XXXIV:SEÑORITA

ROWAN

It was less than a week ago that Kadi had collapsed from an intense trauma he had suffered because of his deranged mother. Since then, his therapist had to put him under extreme mental recuperation in his old house and refraining any contact from his opposite sex.

I could only hear news of him through his handwritten letters. It was an old school and classic since he wasn't allowed to use any gadgets. I initially resisted brother Mika-el's decision of separating us from him.

I mean, first of all, I couldn't put my mind at peace being away from him when he's currently suffering from his post-traumatic-syndrome disorder—also putting the fact that he's in danger. I quite understood that my mere presence could have brought negative effects to his condition, but well, my intuition tells me he needs me.

"Mimi," Rosseitte called me that brought me back from immersing myself in overthinking, "if you miss Didi, you know, you can look at my eyes."

I leaned closer to her, sitting obediently on the couch, in her father's office—her self-proclaimed study place. I looked at her eyes that had been staring at me. Her black curly hair falling on her shoulders, that reminds me of her father when he was still young. I smiled when he admitted that he preferred having straight hair rather than his naturally curly hair. "Thank you, honey."

"Didi said that we have the same eyes," she said, lowering her head and focusing her attention on the books under the table.

I couldn't help but laugh softly. "You're exactly his replica in a female version," I murmured to myself.

Rosseitte suddenly unpacked her little backpack. She glanced back at me, extending her little arms with a closed palm. My eyebrows knitted in mixed of curiosity and confusion. "Are you giving me candy?" I asked.

She pouted her little lips. "It's no fun, you already guessed it." She sulked and shoved her candies to my lap. "You're half-wrong anyway. Those are the candies that I got from being first!" she bragged, flipping her hair.

I slowly bobbed my head as I reached for her cheeks to pinch it. "Lumalaki ka nang suplada," I told her and stretched her cheeks.

She only pursed out her lips as she glared at me. "Mana ko sayo sabi ni Didi," she said, rolling her eyes at me.

I glanced at my phone on the top of the table, vibrating from numerous texts. I asked myself why or how stupid Pil can be, I know this kind of answer to that question is hopeless and incurable.

I'll just ignore him. He might just be sending some spam or chain message.

A few minutes later, a rude knock that caused disturbance from my bonding time with my daughter. I hurried to open the door, but I flinched when I thought what if it is a dangerous person on the other side. I simply kept holding still on the knob and observing the person from the other side.

"It's Pil, when do you plan to open the door?" his voice thundered outside. "Señorita?"

I grimaced. "Damn it, you scared me, idiot!" I exclaimed as I opened the door.

He sighed when he let himself inside. "You haven't read my text?" he asked with a hint of annoyance.

I rolled my eyes. "What text—text what?"

"Hi, Princess Rosseitte," he greeted my daughter, but hadn't bothered himself to give me one. He looked back at me as he made his way to Kadi's desk. "Dad allowed you to stay in your husband's old house. I texted you to pack your things because I'll pick up you two... already done?" he said, happily swiveling Kadi's chair with his one foot.