XXI:SEÑORITA AND HER KNIGHT

KADI

Every man's dream was to be taken care of by a good wife. Yes—and I am one of them—who doesn't, right? Even this stubborn bratty wife was sickly, I certainly considered myself a lucky husband.

I grinned at her sheepishly. The top of Rowan's head brushed beneath my chin, insisting to fix my tie to a different knot. Her face rather was a few inches away from my neck. The way she breathed that reaches on the skin of my neck. It gave me a burning sensation to my body. As if the warmth of her breathing was contagious that brought me along with it.

Later, after she finished fixing it, I extended my hand to assist her, slowly going down from a kiddy stool—short peoples' problems.

"The knot is too extravagant for a casual day in my office." Rowan pouted her lips to my meticulous complaint. I shrugged my shoulders in response.

Her eyes flew up to my face. "School opening niyo. Hindi ba dapat extraordinary ang getup?" she said, trying to appeal to me.

I gently rubbed my neck as I kept her sweet gaze. "Fine," I agreed in a defeated tone.

She made evil snickers and drew a suspicious smile on her face. I frowned slightly at her. "Then, I should start fixing your hair."

Binabawi ko na pala. Sometimes, I supposed it's better to take care of yourself.

Unfortunately for me, I sat obediently on the couch and have her play with my hair. She kept on giggling, putting a bunch of golden hair accessories to it. I felt my head became heavy because of the accessories.

"I'm straight," I reminded her and leaned back.

She stopped my head that leaned back to push her down. "Mmm-hmm," she answered back in a happily humming way.

When I slowly twisted round to face her, she was smiling very beautifully at me. I mentally slapped myself to restrain from gobbling down this little brat. I cupped her face, making her eyes locked on mine. "A private duty nurse will arrive before eight, you better behave without me around," I narrowed my eyes as I told her.

This bratty woman just threw me a naughty smile, bobbing her small head. Her irresistible appearance made me tighten the squeeze of her face. "Anong ulam ang gusto mo mamayang hapunan?" she asked with sparkling eyes. Sure, she had made plans for tonight—to make her eyes beamed with excitement.

I prodded her nose with my own. "Don't over-exert yourself with cooking." I let her face go and tucked a lock of some hair behind her ears. "Anything will do, as long it is good for your health."

My hearing was instantly riveted on the sound of racing steps. Rowan glanced at the kids who were running towards us. I deliberately squinted my eyes to Bejay who immediately buried his face in brat's breast.

The brat burst into laughter when I nuzzled her neck. "You two, stop it!" she screamed in help from Isaac.

Isaac outrightly decided to help her. "Maulahi nata ani, Kuya." I grimaced to him as he walked away from us.

Slightly and shortly, I nibbled her neck and took a peck of a kiss on her lips. Unfortunately, I still have to go to work—even I don't want to, she coerced me to make more money and more zeros in my bank.

I sighed as I straightened up myself. "Call me right away if you got a problem. Don't hide things from me again," I said, walking away from where she sits. I'm about to exit from the door when I remembered something. "And Rowan," I called out and paused, holding the knob.

Her loud voice reached me even she's way too far from the front door. "Ano!" she echoed.

"Feed the dogs, and drop the idea of chasing my cats around the house." I remained standing, waiting for her to answer. "Ayoko nga!" She cried out that made laugh.