XIII:KNIGHT

KADI

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Isolde," Crimson greeted when he sat across us, then brought some expensive drinks on the table. "Kadilyan Isolde, right?" he asked, then poured some drink to my glass.

I bobbed my head in response. "Isaac's half-older brother?" he casually queried, grinning mysteriously. My brows knitted in confusion when he was sending me serious strain about my identity.

The fact that few important people knew that Isaac was my half-brother, and this matter was highly concealed to the public. How did he know to do that?

"I'm his uncle, Crimson Grayv."

Natigilan naman ako sa pangalan niya. I clicked my tongue unknowingly. "This is rather an unexpected time to finally meet his loving uncle." I forced a smile, but deep inside I wanted to strike his face hard with my glass.

I calmly poured some of our drinks into his cup of glass. "Drink," I offered.

"Uhm, Kadi," Rowan called, her voice sounded so worried.

I smile and drop my gaze to her. "Yes, Miss Señorita?" I sweetly said to her, still plastering a smile on my face.

"Mata mo," she said, hanging her head, which confused me, "nawawala," patawa-tawang niyang sabi, tapos pinipisil yung dibdib ko.

"Are you drunk?" galit ko na tanong sa kaniya pero humagikhik lang siya.

Tumawa naman yung isa. "Meg, pwede na maging the best actress," he said.

I glared at him, making him laugh more. Siraulo. Binitbit ko naman agad si Rowan na parang pouch bag papalabas ng bar building.

"Brat, behave. Bawal magwala," I warned her, carrying her like a sack. Instead of behaving, she quickly knuckled thrust me, below the armpit that holds her and made me squirm in pain.

"Tanga, acting lang 'yun," she said and smacked her forehead. "Ayoko na mag-away kayo, tapos hindi mo pa napansin? Pota ka naman oh!" She marched her short legs.

Malay ko na good actress ka.

"I don't know," I complained still suffering as I chased her.

She stopped marching like a pissed-cute-rabbit and pivoted her body. "Where's your car?" she asked, then pressed a hand to her throat. Nabila-ukan ata ng laway.

I made some signed language that she's walking in the opposite direction. She nodded and offered her hand to me, which confused me so I just stared at it.

"Gentleman?" she asked, raising a brow.

"Uhm, you're not wearing heels. You aren't drunk, right?"

Pinaghahampas niya naman ako dahil sa tanong ko. "Bahala ka sa buhay mo," singhal niya at rumampa tapos umikot-ikot papunta sa sasakyan ko. I sighed in exhaustion. She became more unpredictable the more I know her.

It was the last week of March, and it was an opportunity for me to perform at the grand opening of their Department Week. Since the Architecture and Civil Engineering students were on the same team-building group, and obviously—teachers facilitate, so we're in the same place always.

I was standing above the entrance of the Balay-Arkitekto wood house that we built. In front of our booth house, was the CE-CASTLE cemented-small-castle that they also built.

Agad ko siyang nakita mula sa kinakatuyaan ko, busy kaka-ayos ng mga pagkain na ibebenta nila. Natawa ako nang maalala ko nung nasa meeting pa. Ang lahat ay nagulat sa kaniyang mungkahi. She reasoned out that there will be also students that prefer to buy food rather than to buy an invention. She had a point after all.