X:KNIGHT

KADI

"Mister Isolde, I was told that you needed me here."

I gently brushed away the few short hairs that blocking from my view of the seashore. "I don't know if you took me as a fool to buy your untruthful talk." I faced my stiff former secretary, who's an excessively head-turning woman.

The tenderness of the latter waves in the sea, it reminded me to keep calm and relax.

Ahh.

"Sir,"

I cut her off, ceasing my anger, not to shake up the limit of my patience. "I am grateful to you, and kindly hash over. Please relay my sentiments to them," I instructed her as I finished off my lunch meal. I stood up and about to leave when she stopped me.

"This is nothing to do with Pil," she implored to me holding onto my hand.

"Miss Silva, have you forgotten my condition?" I scoffed off, withdrawing my hand from her touch. "Freya, everything can be funny, but you, right now, taking such length, can't be considered even just a tiny bit," I told her in a sense she can understand that playing along with my cousin's mischievous act, leading a determined attempt to ruin my day was such an unsuitable manner to do so.

"Thank you," I said to her when she looked so guilty reflecting her actions. "Please go back on your own." She looked up to me and nodded in agreement.

I left the restaurant in a hurry to go back to school. My mood was already messed up for today's event. I was hoping it won't influence the things that I want to get done with the bratty señorita.

Since the place where Freya asked me to pick her up was in the other city, it will take me one and a half hours to go back. Napakamot naman ako sa leeg ko, thinking about that fact frustrates me. One more thing, I got no phone number on her. Isa pa 'yan.

On my way to school, I dialed Mike's number, but it seems like he's rather busy picking up his phone. I was going late, but I'm praying that she will be able to wait until I arrive.

I swear to lengthen my efforts to offer.

Right after I arrived, I rushed immediately to the booth—desperately searching for her. In the middle of searching, I stumbled to Mike's body, sleeping peacefully in the corner of the booth.

Napasapo naman ako sa noo. Seriously, I don't know if I could still consider him as my friend. Napatigil ako sa counter table dahil hindi ko na alam kung saan naman ako ulit magsisimula na maghanap sa kaniya. I scratched my neck in frustration.

"She went out with another man," Mike uttered out of sudden, right beside me.

I thought you were sleeping?

"A man with a foreign-prince-face," he said and took some candies in the counter.

Ahh... Spend time with him.

Tumango na lang ako bilang sagot. Pinigilan ko naman siya na kumuha ulit ng mga binebenta sa counter. Hindi na na-awa sa mga istudyante.

"How about a drink tonight?" alok niya at umakbay sa akin.

I smiled bitterly. "Thanks, broi." He wiggled his brows to me, and thumbs-up—but I slightly shook my head, turning him down.

He patted my shoulder and also shook his head. "If you'll change your mind, you can come after us," he proposed and went back to his lair.

When I went outside of the gymnasium, the rain suddenly started to fall and most of the couples were running towards where I also shelter myself away from getting wet.

I growled and shoved my hands in my pockets. What a gloomy day for Valentine's Day.

"Ahng! 'Wag dyan, babe." I flinched when I heard a licentious whispered sound of the lady behind me.

Suddenly, the familiar feeling that rose from my stomach. A feeling of sickness with an inclination felt surges to vomit. No, not right now. I covered my mouth and ran weakly to the parking lot, without minding the heavy pour of the rain. I puked behind my car and unsteadily hop in my car. I was still in the dizziness state, yet I manage to drive up to my apartment.

It was already late in the evening when I woke up. My stomach crumbled in hunger. I jutted out of my bed and about to go outside, but it was still raining. Badtrip naman ako habang kinakamot yung leeg ko.

Panira naman 'o.

"Sir!" A student of mine called out. Napatingin naman ako sa direksyon nila. "We're having a night out!" They said, almost in harmony. "Join us, sir," the girls offered. "Sir," they insisted.

I throw up my hands in defeat. Maybe, I need a drink, too.

Since my apartment was near both the school and drinking house. When I was entering their private room, my knees almost gave in when I saw her drinking hard alcohol.

I took my courage to sit beside her and silently watched her drink. When I can no longer look at her, I snatched the drink from her hand, ending up for the others to make some noise full of amusement.

She suddenly full of force gripped my shoulder, made my body twist to face her. "Sir, masarap ba 'yong inumin ko?" she hissed, but I ignored her and still snatches the glasses that were offered.

I won't yield to these threats.

"Stop! Stop! Stop!" she firmly shouted and pinned the glass on the table. It made me stop for a moment and stared back at her. "Will you stop trying to be a White Knight here? It's my drink!" she slightly scowled and inched forward to me.

Seriously, don't play love games with me. It's definitely not my style.

"Was I?" I asked and drew my face nearer.

Napahilamos naman siya ng mukha. "Then?" she asked back, not backing down to my stares.

"I thought it was for me, though," I calmly reasoned out, then took her fingers off and drank it. "You know, a sickly woman doesn't drink, they go to sleep—early," I said and asked for another shot.

Nagulat naman ako dahil ginulo niya bigla yung buhok niya. What's frustrating you?

She tugged her earlobes and paused. Then she looked back at me, and suddenly teared up. It made me panicked to find my handkerchief in my pants, "Gago," she cussed which surprised me to confusion.

What?

I don't know what was wrong with taking her shots even she left me with another man—and she's treating me as a jerk. I couldn't understand it.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" she shouted at me and pounded her fist with a bouquet on the table, then walked away.

I took the worn-out bouquet of chocolates and a picture of me picking up Freya in the Airport just this morning. I flipped back the photo when I noticed a message written on it.

Kainin mo rin 'to! Kaya ko magmove on.

Instead of getting worried about the issue, I couldn't help but laugh out.

Oh, goodness, that was so funny.

I immediately ran to catch up on her. When she noticed it, she ran under the heavy rain. This brat wanted me to chase her. When I finally caught her, I locked her head in my armpit. She kept on screaming and violently attacking me.

"Oo na. Balak ko rin magmove-on kaya sumabay kana," I said while dragging her with me.

Magmove-on tayo sa apartment ko.

To be continued...