XXIV:KNIGHT

KADI

The dinner in the garden was magnificent bliss. I was completely proud of my bratty wife. She spent a lot of effort for tonight, and still have a lot more energy to spend after eating. Aside from that, she made respecting people to share the same table with us.

"Miss Lim, are you friends with Rowan?" Win asked, smoothly offering a successful businesswoman, Miss Abrilla Gail Lim, with a simple fruit drink. She nodded quickly in replying. Win smiled at her which earned my attention locked on his expression.

Hmm.

Rowan ticked her tongue, making me glance at her. "Got a problem with that?" She grunted while glaring at him, making Win roll his eyes. She puffed and flipped hair over her shoulder. "Of course, we're friends. You want me to help make a connection?" she bragged while looking at the glass of her fruit juice and slowly stirring it.

"Weh?" Beerie joined in when he sat at the table after he came back from the kitchen.

Pil suddenly laughed softly. "You're Abrilla Lim?" he asked and offered a toast, grinning and simply taking a glimpse of his twin brother. It surprised us when her escort received it.

"Yes, she is," she said, throwing him a hard look after making a toast.

"You're Odeth, her bodyguard?" Pil asked softly but she ignored him.

Rowan slammed her hand on the table that made everyone look at her. "Odeth, alam mo bang panira ka," she growled.

Well, the brat was right. Since Rowan introduced us, Miss Odeth's mood turned sour, making small things worse.

Miss Odeth slowly stood up in her chair. "Spouting nonsense, crazy short girl. Tingin mo, lahat gusto mag-asawa katulad mo?"

She threw her pouch bag to my wife, but my hands automatically caught it. Unfortunately, instead of behaving, this crazy brat right beside me burst into laughter. Rowan kept on taunting her friend with her silly face. "Bitch, you're just her bodyguard. Are you planning to make her a nun-like you?"

My cousin eyed me to make them both stop. I lifted my shoulder in a shrugged. "It's better than you, promising that you won't get married, and just tonight you introduce your sissy-looking husband?" Odeth roared while pointing a finger at me.

How rude.

I laughed softly, realizing the reason why they're fighting. "What's funny?" Rowan and Miss Odeth said almost in concord, glaring at me. Instead of answering them, my attention was fixed to Thor, who rarely lost his composure and laughed out loud without holding back.

It seemed he's done with his business in dumping. I realized that he was with Grace that brought us some snacks and they were talking about something that made him laugh.

"What's with the atmosphere?" he asked when he noticed something that happened because of the heavy silence from us.

"How's Tita?" Pil asked Grace and directly helped her. Grace charmingly assured him that Mother-in-law was doing fine and resting in her room. I shook my head and glanced back at Rowan. "What?" she hissed.

"Calm down, you two. Let's enjoy tonight." Miss Lim calmed them both when she finished typing from her phone. She even made Miss Odeth sat down. Surely a successful business person was always busy that even in the middle of bickering, her attention was seriously glued in her phone, yet still able to pay attention to her surroundings.

"By the way, where are the kids?" Win suddenly asked while he picked up his glass. Pil and Grace break off from talking to each other. "Oh yeah, that question slipped in my mind," Pil agreed.