XII:KNIGHT

KADI

We both decided to move on together. To be exact, to move along with labeled relationship, with a clear goal at the end—marriage.

When I grew older, I wasn't thinking to be in a relationship because I desired to be in a relationship. I looked ahead, I don't play around. Though for my twenty-nine years of existence, I haven't been in a relationship and never courted a lady. It wasn't because I was a coward. The reason was, I was engaged at an early age, and was canceled when I ran away.

Ever since that day when I met Rowan once again, it became a journey of changing my mind, myself, my life, and the way my heart decides. This feeling that brought out my innermost to let it just go without neither holding back nor thinking twice.

They said that fate can be decided through your decisions and actions. That a person could choose their path of happiness. Then, I couldn't see anything wrong about choosing her, and it was funny to be cheesy.

"Kadi, sa susunod 'wag puro damo ang bilhin mo, please lang tao tayo hindi kabayo!" she said while remarkably sautéing some vegetables.

Every weekend she spent her days at my apartment. I already forbid her to go here, but she never listened. She only reasoned that a señorita do what she wants. I have no choice, but to let her be.

I grinned sheepishly. "Green leafy vegetables are good for breakfast meal—and your health," I said, cutting the left vegetables then lend it to her.

"Nge, dapat talaga every day?" she complained and suddenly spanked my buttocks.

This perverted brat!

"Blush-blush, Bashful," she teased. "Geez, I envy your knife skills," she remarked, looking up at me while I'm standing behind her.

"Focus your eyes in the pan," saway ko sa kaniya.

"You should've cut the scallions a little bit longer," she mentioned when she noticed.

Umiling ako. "Nah, I don't like it."

"They both taste the same, though," she said as she focused on cooking.

"Uh-huh," I agreed and wrapped my arms around her waist. Then rest my chin on her head.

"So, cutting it longer won't make a change, right?" I asked while making a point.

She whined, and gently elbowed my stomach. "Duh," pagtataray niya. "Ikaw mag-adjust, ikaw 'yong lalaki," she madly stated as she transfers the food to the plate.

I laughed at her logic. "Sexist," sabi ko sa kaniya habang tinutulungan siya.

"Wushoo!" she squealed. "Who?" she faked innocence. "Ikaw nga itong panay akto na gentleshit sa akin dahil babae ako," she said, making a frame using her fingers then shoved it to my face.

I just raised a brow at her. "What do you expect me to do, brat?" I asked, then removed her hands. "Isn't already given for men being a gentleman? Or," I paused. "You want me to be a jerk—like what you often believe towards men?" She blinked her eyes to process my questions. "It is not that I'm trying to prove your prejudice is wrong, but all I want is, to be worthy of being a man," I continued appealingly, then pinched her nose.

She shuddered when she processed my words. "Damn, ang tamis, tangina."

I managed to snag her mouth that was about to cuss more. "Watch your language," I warned and let go of her mouth.

"Pwe!" she faked spitting. "Potang." I tightly covered her mouth again.

I smirked and preened a little. "Okay, let's eat, hard-headed brat," I said to her and licked the cute earlobes of her that made her squeak in response.

"Hindi ako pagkain, shit ka!" She growled in panicked when my lips started to wander in her neck.

Pinaghahampas naman niya ang pagmumukha ko at pilit na kumakawala. Tumawa lang ako sa sitwasyon naming dalawa. Kita mo 'to, every time I teased her like this, she got mad and slightly beating me up. Mapailing na lang ako.

Every Saturday night, Mike invited people to spend a night out. This stubborn brat had never thought of turning down her dean. To my surprise, hindi rin ako makatiis na hayaan siyang uminom ng mag-isa. Even she explained to me that she was already used to it for so many years. Ugh!

I was annoyed with the fact that most of the department officers, including Rowan, are always perfect in attendance. She shared so many drunk stories they have including the day we bumped into each other. It became their normal gathering after a stressful week in school.

"Brat, don't drink, " I reminded her as I pointed her face, but she shook her head, smiling widely to me.

She was so stubborn most of the time I told her and so I ended up stealing her glasses for her sake. Though, she can steal some of it—sometimes.

Many of her seniors applaud her tolerance. Little they do not know when she drinks water or gets wet, her tolerance gave in.

"Don't be stubborn, okay? At least consider my words, brat," I begged as I follow her heading to the drinking counter to order some racks.

"Come on, Beauty. I'm not that sick to point I'm dying. I've been drinking almost every night for so many years," pagyayabang niya sabay labas ng pera. "I'm not weak as you think I am," she said and flipped her hair.

I never considered you weak.

I looked at her intently. I like the part she never wore revealing clothes that will make me even more protective towards her. It was always just a simple white T-shirt and long pants, it had been her often fashion getup.

I snapped away. "No, I still remembered Thor's medical advice." She buried her two fingers in my mouth which made me stop. She started to slowly move her fingers in a circular motion while shaking her head.

"Beauty, let's drink until we drop," she said, giving me a little tease. I decided to suck the tip of her fingers for a short time and nibble it.

She swallowed her scream. "Gago!" she hissed, hiding her embarrassment.

I half-grinned.

I rolled my eyes at her when she started to throw weak punches to my arms as we head back. As we both spend our time together, I was gratefully amused to know her more. I wanted to discover everything she covers, including what's inside the covering clothes that she wore.

Yup, I'm looking forward to the right time to uncover you, Mi Señorita.

Hinampas ko naman 'yong kamay niya na gumagapang sa binti ko.

"Lasing lang kamay ko," biro niya sa akin.

Wait until you get your prize from teasing me.

"Never tease a man who lived the life of a monk for eight years," I warned her, which I made her laugh out. She mouthed to me, "blush-blush".

"You can tease me, but I can't?" reklamo niya. I shrugged my shoulders.

She kissed my hand and squeeze it gently as she smiles at me. "Whatever, señorita do what she wants," she said and kissed the tip of my hair that she's been playing with.

Soon, I'll let you do that freely. Just you wait and see.

"Meg!"

Umasim naman mukha ko nang makilala ko ang sumigaw.

To be continued...