Clean Towels

I led Alastor upstairs past the gawking geisha and patrons, who had not realized anything was going on until they heard the demon screaming as Alastor tore him to shreds. On our way up the stairs, I caught a maid and asked her to bring up some clean towels. She nodded, worriedly looking over Alastor's bloody suit jacket, and the blood smeared on my cheek before running off.

Leading the way, I showed Alastor to the small bathroom adjoined to my bedroom. I flipped on the light and gestured towards the antique bath, "The maid will bring up some fresh towels in a moment. There is soap in the cabinet beside the bath, and I will find you something clean to wear."

Alastor took my hand in his as I turned to leave go change my own kimono. I looked up into his grinning and blood-covered face, "What's wrong?"

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked, his eyes searching me for any sort of injury.

I nodded, stretching up to kiss him on his cheek. Turning his face just slightly, he caught my lips in another kiss. This one sweeter, more loving than the last kiss in the garden. Wrapping his arms around me, Alastor pulled me to his chest. 

"You need a bath," I said a bit breathlessly.

"The bath can wait," Was his reply.