Bloody Mess

"You're a bloody mess." I sighed as Alastor finished with the demon. I wasn't exaggerating either. He was coated from head to toe in dark blood. Despite his appearance, he looked as though he had enjoyed tearing the demon to literal shreds. 

"Come on," I said, holding out my hand, "Let's get you cleaned up."

Alastor moved towards me, taking my offered hand. But instead of letting me pull him towards the teahouse where I could have the maids draw him a bath, he pulled me to him. Almost as if I was in a daze, I let myself be drawn to him. After everything that had happened, my nerves were shot and left me in a dream-like state.

Alastor took my face in his hands, making me look up into his crimson eyes, "Are you alright?"

I nodded, "I am thanks to you."

Alastor's grin softened in relief, but he did not let me go. I could feel the blood on his fingers against my skin, sticky and wet. It was an odd feeling, but the least of my concerns. Right now, all I cared about was this moment. The world seemed to narrow until it was just Alastor and I in this moment.

Slowly, Alastor's head lowered until his lips brushed across mine. I closed my eyes, the soft caress sending butterflies fluttering in my stomach. Leaning into the kiss, I felt Alastor kiss me again and again, seeming to devour every bit he could get. 

I never wanted this moment to end.