Apologize

The greasy demon motioned for me to get up and follow him. Slowly getting to my feet, I never took my eyes anyway from the pistol. I let him usher me down the hall, where I saw unfamiliar sinners standing around and looking bored. I had counted seven before the greasy demon pushed me out into the garden, where the sun was just beginning to set. 

Fallen cherry blossom petals littered the ground as we walked towards the gazebo where Alastor and I had first hatched the bloody dinner plan that brought about our friendship. I could feel my heart hammering in my chest with each step. Where was Alastor? What the hell was going on?

"Alright, that's far enough," The demon said. I stopped, my back as straight as a rod as I turned back to face him. If looks could kill, he would have dropped dead right then and there. The demon took out a cell phone and held it up, as though taking a picture of me.

"Apologize." Was all he said.

Anger flared up in me as I hissed, "You barge into my business, threaten my guests and staff, and kidnap me...and you want an apology?"

"And what did you do when you show up to a party and insult an overlord?" The demon retorted, getting more angry. I stared at him. So Valentino was behind this. Somehow I wasn't surprised. 

"If Valentino is insulted by the truth, then there is no helping him." I replied, holding my chin a bit higher. If these were going to be my last moments in Hell, I wouldn't spend them groveling like a victim.