Early Arrivals

Everything was in place. 

I observed maid scurrying about to finish last-minute tasks before the geisha and guests started to arrive. I had a party of six men and three geisha arriving soon, and food and drinks must be laid out and ready. It was my job as a hostess to oversee the maids and keep them on task. 

I took pride in how things were done in my teahouse. Other Japanese style teahouses had adopted a western feel to make their more modern patrons feel welcome. I, however, wanted things kept the proper way. 

"I'm very sorry ma'am," A young maid bowed to me timidly, "But a few men have already arrived. I've shown them to the Cherry Blossom room."

I scowled at her, where was the damned geisha? They should have been here by now. 

"Who?" I asked, walking away. The maid scurried behind me, trying to keep pace.

"It is Mr. Stolas," She answered a bit breathlessly, "He has a business associate with him."

I sighed, Stolas was a regular patron. As someone who enjoyed exotic tastes and finery, he was drawn to my teahouse like a fly to honey.

Shooing the maid away with one hand, I entered the Cherry Blossom room and bowed to my two guests. 

Stolas was sitting comfortably at the low table, admiring the Japanese cherry blossom paintings the room had been named after. His associate, on the other hand, looked around as though trying to figure out a puzzle. 

"Good evening," I said, keeling at the table to pour them sake, "Stolas-san, it has been too long. Why do you not come to see me as often as you used to?"

"My apologies, lovely (Y/N)," He drawled in that eccentric aristocratic way of his, "I've been occupied with a new plaything. A cute little imp as it would have it."

I glanced at his associate, smiling a pleasant grin, "And who is your friend? Stolas-chan, your manners are appalling, please introduce us."

I only joked this way with best and most familiar patrons. Stolas grinned at my cheeky tone and gestured to the demon next to him. 

"This my dear (Y/N)," Stolas introduced, "Is none other than the Radio Demon himself."