The Gazebo

Alastor was coming again this evening. My maids were in just as much of a frazzled mess as they were the first visit. It was as if they were chickens scenting a fox coming into their coop.

I made myself presentable in upstairs in my favorite kimono (pictured below). Hanako had been kind enough to send her dresser, Mr. Uri, over to help tie my broad obi. For those of you unfamiliar with kimono, the obi isn't just a belt. Tying and securing an obi takes both skill and strength, that is why a dresser such as Mr. Uri is hired to help those wearing kimono dress rather than a maid. 

I made my way downstairs, looking over every little detail to ensure perfection

I made my way downstairs, looking over every little detail to ensure perfection. I had a status to maintain, after all. 

Walking along the corridor, I went to a little sliding door at the end of the hall. Sliding it open, I stepped out into a well-maintained garden. There was a path that led to a gazebo tucked away between the flower beds. I admired the well cared for plants as I walked serenely to the gazebo. 

Yuki had set a low table with everything I would need to entertain Alastor. The idea was that peace would be easier to maintain if he and I spent the evening out here. 

Kneeling at the low table, I arranged myself to wait for my guest.  I knew I wouldn't have to wait long. Alastor was the punctual sort and sure enough, not ten minutes later, I heard his boots clicking along the pathway towards the gazebo.