Rumors

Word of Alastor coming to my teahouse and my entertaining him had reached the other teahouses at lightning-fast speed. The very next day, the owner of the next teahouse and my long time friend, arrived unannounced for a visit. 

"What can I do for you, Hanako-san?" I asked, pouring tea for each of us. 

Accepting the cup offered to her, Hanako replied, "My maid told me the Radio Demon came as a patron last night. Is it true?"

Nodding, I sipped my own tea, "He did, I entertained him myself. In fact, he's coming back again this week."

Hanako eyed me as she said, "Be careful, (Y/N)-san. His reputation precedes him for a reason. Getting close to him could be dangerous."

I gave her a leveled look, setting my cup down on the table, "I know. But imagine what having the favor of such a powerful demon could do for my business? Remember Katsuki's teahouse a few years back? A geisha insulted a patron and he burned the entire teahouse down. Imagine that!"

Hanako watched me skeptically, mute. I continued with the wave of my hand, "Hanako-san, you know I have risked everything to build my little empire. This is just one more risk."

She sighed, accepting my reasoning, "Fine (Y/N)-san, but I just hope you know what you are doing.