An Absurd Turn

Alastor had the good grace to look taken aback by my words. Adopting a more contemplative expression, he asked, "Did you think I forced you?"

I looked him right in his crimson eyes, the most daring I had ever felt in my life, and replied, "Alastor-san, you are one of the most feared overlords in hell. When you came into my garden the night we planned this, I had to think of the safety of my staff and patrons. Your reputation precedes you."

Alastor sat there for a long moment, not saying anything. I watched as he thought back to the night in the garden when I agreed to host his dinner of death. 

Suddenly, he started to laugh. I stared, disturbed, not expecting that reaction. 

"Excuse my outburst," He said between chuckles, "I like to think myself somewhat of a gentleman, but I have no idea how to properly apologize to you."

Now I couldn't help but laugh. The whole situation had taken an absurd turn. 

"Well," I said, getting my laughter under control, "You could bow and say, 'I'm sorry for causing you such pain, (Y/N)-san. I will never do it again."

I did not expect the infamous Radio Demon to actually do that. However, Alastor did something that completely took me off guard. 

Kneeling in the gravel in front of me, Alastor bowed deeply to show the utmost respect. As he bowed he said, "I am sorry for causing you pain, (Y/N)-san. I will not do it again. Please forgive me."

Placing my hand on his shoulder, I replied with a soft smile, "I forgive you, Alastor-san. Come now, I think some sake would do us both some good."