Chapter 29

Chapter 29

"Magkano po ito, ale?" the old lady in the street is selling a bouquet of tulips. I think she will like these. Flowers are her favorite thing.

"Siyam na raan lang, iho." she smiled at me, but I don't understand what she said.

"Ano pong siyam na raan?" yumuko ako para marinig ko ang sasabihin niya.

She laughed, "Hay nako, iho. Nine hundred. Nine hundred. Anak ka siguro ng mayaman, ano?" I just smiled at her and bought the flowers she was selling. "Salamat, iho."

I'm holding the bouquet at my back while waiting for her. This place hasn't changed. Ganito pa rin. Maraming tao pero masaya lahat.

"Where are you?" I called her phone, but she's not answering. I must have to wait longer.

The sunset is beautiful. As always.

I saw her. That's her. But other thing I didn't like is what she is now doing. She is hugging someone.

The bouquet slipped from my hand and my heart is feeling numb. What is he doing here? Why is she with her? The flower is on the grass and my eyes are on them.

I thought her silence means yes. That was always what she was saying when we were still in college. Every time I ask her if she is hungry, she is always silent. In the end, she just wants me to buy her food.

I thought her no reply meant she was going to our favorite spot, High Street.

She is inside someone's car. Sian, to be exact.

"Answer you f-ckin' phone!" I tried calling her phone to stop their hugging scene. But I couldn't. They continue hugging each other. I don't understand.

I texted her. I asked why she is with Sian. I'm begging for answers.

I'm watching them from my car. She didn't go out and look for me. I told her I'll be waiting here for her. Pero bakit ganito ang nakikita ko?

She's wearing a white dress. She's really beautiful. She is all dressed up, but not for me.

"Fuck it!" he went inside the car and drove away. Sian is with her. Why?

Tangina.

I wanted to call her name, but I couldn't. I wanted to tell her I still care and I still love her. But my mind is always telling me she doesn't care.

I didn't follow them. I just watched them go away together. And I was left here, alone.

I miss her.

"Bro, ang dami mo nang binasag sa gamit ko! Layas na!" Mat is screaming. I exploded. I hated seeing her with somebody else. "Sa condo mo ka na lang magwala. 'Wag na rito." he is pushing me to go out, but I won't. I bought this for him. This was part of our agreement.

I pushed him that caused him to fall down.

"Stop! You've wasted so much figurines!" I threw all the figurines at the top of the table and screamed.

"PUTANGINA! SIAN!" I threw his TV and heard it cracked. I'm feeling so much pain. I hate this. "That motherf-cker!"

He stopped me from punching the wall. "Bro, stop."

I tried calming myself down. I have to. This is all my fault after all.

"How..." napaupo ako mula sa pagbasag sa mga gamit. His sofa catches me. I'm so tired. "How did they meet each other?"

"Who?" Mat sat at the sofa in front of me. "Who met who?" he threw the cigarette case to me. I catch it and pull a one stick from it.

"Sian and Krisha." I lit it up and smoked.