Chapter 16

Chapter 16

It wasn't really nice not being in your friends' wedding ceremony, I was hesitant going back there. The ability of ruining their wedding was in my veins.

My mind couldn't really sink in what I saw at the back of the Church.

The only way I can do to make it up to Bret is be in the reception but I know nothing, or any details on where the reception will be held. Just as I arrived  in this smoking area, I turned my phone off and just smoke for two hours straight. I don't even know if my lungs are still okay, I don't care. Wala na rin namang nagagalit.

I gave life to my phone and called Bret.

"Hello" he said as soon as he answered the call, "Mat, where the hell are you?" he asked worriedly.

"Sorry, just had something to take care of, Phoebe needed me," I reasoned out, but I still deeply apologised, "I'm really sorry."

"What? What happened to her?"

"No, it's already okay. Fixed it already" I don't even know what I'm talking about. "Tell me where you guys at, I'll be there in a minute."

"Will text you." he said and turned off the call.

Phoebe is 3 months pregnant, she's still in California. She can manage herself, no need to worry about her, she's also with aunt Jena.

He sent me immediately the address and I drove until I get there. It's a hotel, its lights are crystal-like star which makes the hotel stand out here in this silent, dark night. Bret also said that the reception will be held at the rooftop. I can see from here that there's a glass-walled swimming pool with led light on its edge at the top of this building.

Now that I'm inside the elevator going to the rooftop, I'm wishing that Mat is gone and as well as Avery, or Krisha rather.

She didn't really like how I called her Averyright, or Eyv. But when she said yes, she got used to it, she had no choice, I wouldn't call her by her first name.

"Please, just this time" I prayed. Yes, I know how to pray. Though many people don't believe that I'm a believer because of my tattoos on my left biceps.

I saw the guys sitting in a group.

Jet saw me as I walk towards them, "Pare, where did you go?" he asked.

"Sorry, I just had to do something important," I looked at them and sat on the vacant chair beside Sean. "How did the wedding go?" I asked them.

"Ikaw lang ang wala" Sean said and drank his beer.

I took a glass of wine from the tray of the waiter that has just passed by, I said, "Was Eyv there?".

"Why? 'Wag mo na nga tanong yan, may jowa na ang tao" Jet said and drank the alcohol he is holding. "Joke lang, bro. Hindi ko alam kung boyfriend niya 'yon, basta whole day silang magka-holding hands." he laughed and looked at me, as soon as our eyes met, he stopped laughing. My eyes are roaring, he knows it when I'm not tolerating his jokes.

"Where is she?" I grimly asked them, for the second time.

Troy cleared his throat and put his eyes' direction at me, "I just saw her here few minutes before you came here," he then looked at Jet and Sean, then our eyes met again, he said, "She left with the guy."

"The guy?"

Fuck. I want to stop caring, stop thinking about her just for once.

"Nevermind," I calmly said. "Where are the newlyweds?" changing the topic would be the best solution to stop making the situation more awkward.

I saw them pouted on a one direction, I followed it with my eyes. They're just entertaining the guests.

Minutes passed by and the speeches and performances will start in any minute.

The floor of this rooftop made us shocked, every edges of a tile has rust-colored led light. It warmed my eyes as it undimmed the whole rooftop. And the edges of the pool is giving an additional light in this ceremony. Every person, every woman in gown, every man in tuxedo wowed their mouth.

"For the second time, let's give the newlyweds an applause of congratulation" the tuxedoed emcee started giving the whole soirée and especially the newleds a warm welcome.

After showing us all the memorable photos of Bret and Pola with saying small details, the emcee called the bridesmaids one by one to have a short speech at the platform. I didn't know there will be something like this.

"Gaganyan din kaya tayo, pre?" Troy asked while looking at the stage where Lexi is standing at, "I'm not ready, taena naman neto ni Bret." he said that made the boys laugh.

I couldn't even smile at this moment.

After those two years, do I even still know how to put a smile on my face?

"Let me call Ms. Krisha Avery Molina"

What the fuck? Molina?

The crowd's murmuring, everyone is confused.

"Gago, bakit Molina? Kasal ba kayo, Max?" they're asking all the same questions at me.

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Molina is in the next in line after Ms. Krisha" the emcee corrected his mistake.

Sana totoo na lang.

"Sayang, bro" I heard Jet said.

He tried to call her again, "Let me call again, Ms. Krisha Avery Blanco"

The circular light from the stage focused on her as she stands and ready to start her speech.

I couldn't grasped what she is saying right now, her presence bothers me.

People has smile on their faces as she talks. How could she be more than beautiful than the version of herself two years ago? Is this the perk of me breaking-up with her? Fuck, cigarettes are calling me, again. But I'm enjoying the view. Her angelic face really captivated me since then, and now it's still the same.

Sean nudged me that made me stop staring at her and I looked at him, he mumbled, "Bro, are you fascinated by her?

"No" I coldly said and looked away, "Why would I?"

All of them just hemmed. These fuckers are making my feelings obvious.

"Sige, bro, sabi mo, e" Troy amusingly said. And they did it again, they laughed.

I started focusing my eyes on her again and looked at her lips moving, she said, "Giving you all my best wishes, Bret and Pola." she ended her speech with a smile and my gaze still follows her, hindi ko mapigilan, I couldn't control myself.

The emcee called my name to have a speech at the stage.

As I stand, she is walking towards their table, which is just a five-feet away from ours, where Mat also is sitting.

Her long-evening dress is waving as she walks. We happened to walk in the same carpet. Our eyes mat as we are one-feet apart from each other. Her beauty is really fascinating.

I gripped as I saw what I saw, "Fuck" The corner of their table pulled the ends of her gown. Everyone grasped and didn't know what to do, just as I am. She was about to fall, and I was also about to grab her hand and catch her from falling but someone did it first.

The whole crowd breathed a sigh of relief.

"Are you okay?" Mat asked her as she is now on his chest, breathing heavily.

I can't spell out how wretched I am from what just happened.

-
Author's note:
I'm hoping na naiintindihan niyo, even though hindi ko nilalagay kung kanino point of view. Gusto ko kase na kayo ang mag-analyse ng kwento and feel intensed at the same time. lovelots xx