Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Sometimes there is a version of me who always ask, why are we stuck with who we are?

Having an amnesia is nice, there is no pain. Just nothing. You can start a new life, a new version of you. Be whoever the fuck you want, that's your choice. The past is just a scam. It keeps ruining your future. Isn't it nice to be someone new?

But right now, we are stuck with who we are. We are obliged to do something people think we must do. There is no multiple choice—just yourself.

I'm so tired getting my family's wish come true, "So, she gave the 46%?" dad called me to ask that question. He didn't even bother to ask how I've got to get Mrs. Paloma's trust.

No, not yet.

"Not yet," I smirked. Who does she think she is? After I said what I said, I've got out of her room and waited for the investment.

"What?! Hindi mo pa nagawan ng paraan? Don't make me regret my decision of choosing you to be the heir of this company!" his loud voice is audible even it's not in loudspeaker.

"I won't,"

"Then do your job properly!"

He ended the call with a huge sigh.

I sent an email to Mrs. Paloma.

To: Mrs. Heidi Paloma
Do the agreement, don't make me send what must make you send the 46% back, Mrs. Paloma.

Just after a minute, she responded.

From: Ms. Heidi Paloma
Send what can make me invest the 5.4 billion back, hijo. No need to feel bothered.

Even from reading the mail she sent, I can hear her voice. Her old sly voice.

She dared me to send her the voice message I recorded? Okay.

"I killed my husband, two years ago. That's my deepest secret." her tone has no regret. It can be heard in the voice record I sent.

I took a deep sigh. My office hasn't changed yet, though I'm the new owner of the company, Dad didn't leave the whole company yet.

I'm so tired.

So tired not becoming someone I want, with someone I really love.

I've been doing my work for some minutes in my laptop 'til I heard the door opened.

"OH! Thank God!" dad's foot yanked inside my office without him even knocking. "Thank God!" he said for the second time.

"I thought you don't believe in God." I smiled at him and he did the same thing.

"Sometimes something tells me to believe,"

"Something like what?" kumunot ang noo ko dahil sa pag-upo niya sa sofa na naka-pwesto sa harap ng desk ko.

The gladness in his face didn't disappear and just continued to smile, "Like the comeback of the 46%!"

"So the 5.4 billion pesos told you to thank God?"

"Uhm... kinda." we both filled the room with our laughter. "Good job, son." the next thing I knew is that he walked to my chair and tapped my shoulder. "You did your job." he continued to tap my shoulder slowly like he's so proud of my accomplishment.

He exited my office after he informed me how glad he is for the comeback of the investment.

If you just know how I played it dirty to accomplish what you want, Dad.