A Living Nightmare

Hey guys, Jess here!

This chapter is a lot in a seemingly little package (23 pages/ 8,164 words) so please take breaks if needed.

If you have any questions or comments about this chapter, let me know, I'd like to hear from you!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

*Heavy Angst Warning

*Blood/Gore Warning

*Trigger Warning

When everyone gathered in the control room the next morning Pidge was already hard at work at her station. When you all gathered around and looked over her shoulder you saw that she was analyzing the data from the Galran base you had taken down yesterday, trying to find any possible leads on Lotor.

"Find anything yet Pidge?" You inquired, your serious yet hopeful tone mirroring the atmosphere of the room.

"Give me a few more ticks..." she murmured, her voice faint as she was deep in concentration. Then it became almost a shout as her eyes lit up with glee. "There! I've found it!" Her contagious excitement quickly spread, bringing a grin to your face as your heart skipped a beat.

"Where is he?" Keith asked quickly in his usual stoic voice, a glimmer of anticipation in his eyes as he glanced towards her.

"Well according to the intel that I downloaded from that Galran database, the last three sightings of his ship have been in the Va'Kar quadrant" she answered.

"Great work Pidge" Shiro praised her, his tone soon becoming lower. "Although those quadrants are massive. How will we pinpoint his location?"

As if on clue, a navy blue transmission window from the Blades flickered onto the wide screen ahead. It was displaying Kolivan, flanked by two masked Blades on either side of him. When you saw the look on his face, you knew that he was about to tell you something important.

"Paladins, my scouts have just found some valuable information that may help you in your search for that comet Lotor took" he announced, his voice as deep and emotionless as ever.

"Kolivan!" Allura exclaimed, her regal tone lowering as she continued. "What is it?"

"We found its location, but we received this intel from an anonymous source" he responded, skepticism seeping into his voice. "We're not for certain about its accuracy."

"Well where did they say it is?" You asked, figuring that you should at least hear it out before you jumped to conclusions.

"Somewhere in this Galran base, located in the Va'Kar quadrant" he replied as a smaller window showing a large Galran base appeared next to him. It appeared to be quite similar to their universal station, but it was hexagonal in design.

"That's where our intel said Lotor was!" Lance loudly remarked, quickly drawing that connection between the two sources.

"Then its worth investigating" Shiro concluded, voicing your thoughts as he gave Kolivan a sight nod in approval. "Thank you Kolivan" And with that he ended the transmission.

After you wormholed to the bases location, Keith quickly told Shiro that he wanted him to lead the mission in his place. You understood his decision, you'd do the same if you were in his shoes. This was an important mission, the whole universe might be in jeopardy if you didn't get that comet from Lotor. So your team needed to put its best foot forward.