A New Journey

Hello, Jess here!

If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions about His Rival let me know, I'd like to hear from you :)

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this next chapter

Back to the present

For what?" Asked shiro. Shiros question just woke you from your daze. What was going on here again? You paused for a minute trying to remember. And then you recalled that Keith had just talked about how he was lost and felt drawn out to an area. He said that he felt like some energy was telling him to search. Shiro had just asked him what he was searching for. Keith responded,

"Well I didn't really know at the time, until I stumbled upon this place" he said, pointing to a map with a big circle on it. "It's an outcropping of giant boulders with caves covered in these ancient markings. Each one tells a slightly different story about a blue lion, but they all share some clues leading to some event, some arrival happening last night. Then you showed up." He said that last sentence looking at Shiro.

Well at least you had some idea where to look, but you didn't have time to look through all those caves. Maybe if there was a more exact way...

"Well the other day I was looking in Pidges bag. Look! Here's a picture of him and his girlfriend!" Hunk said, interrupting your train of thought.

"Hey!" Pidge responded, clearly agitated as Hunk showed everyone a picture of a girl in a purple dress and long hair standing next to Pidge. "Why were you in my stuff?"

"Well I was looking for a candy bar", Hunk responded, trying to reason with Pidge. "And then I started reading his diary..."

"WHAT!" screeched Pidge. Hunk seemed to be getting off topic. How did any of this relate to finding Voltron?"

"... and then I noticed that the repeating set of numbers that the aliens are searching for looks a lot like a Fraunhofer line" Hunk continued, ignoring Pidge's yelling.

"Frown-who?" Keith asked, causing you to danpan. Of course Keith would forget what a Fraunhofer line was. You were in the same chemistry class as him and he spent too much time messing with experiments than actually listening. Classic Keith.

"It's a number describing the emission spectrum of an element" you said, trying to explain to him. Hunk continued,

"Thanks (y/n), only this element doesn't exist on Earth. I thought that it might be this Voltron. I think I can build a machine to look for it, like a Voltron Geiger counter".

"Hunk, you big gassy genius!" Lance praised him.

"Nice job Hunk!", you added on.

"It's pretty fascinating, really. The wavelengths look like this" Hunk continued, holding up a chart with lots of points with ups and downs between them."

"Give me that!" Keith said, ripping the paper from Hunks hands. That was pretty rude, he really had no manners. You were about to tell him off but then you saw him compare the chart to a picture of a caves ups and downs. They were a perfect match!

Now you and the others were right in front of the cave. You were really finding this weapon now, no backing out.

"Okay, I admit it. This is super freaky." admitted Lance. You nodded your head in agreement. Everything seemed so surreal. Yesterday you attempted to stop Keith, your rival and now you were kinda working with him to stop a overwhelmingly powerful alien race. Not that you liked working with him, the alien race just needs to be stopped.