The Witch's Lair

Hey guys, Jess here!

This chapter is quite short (22.2 pages/7,459 words) so I was able to release it ahead of schedule. But still, please take breaks as needed!

If you have any questions or comments about this chapter, let me know; I'd like to hear from you!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

*Slight Angst/Trigger Warning*

"Hello Galaxy Garrison, it's me, (Y/n)" you greeted, offering a polite smile as you waved at the recording device propped up on the nearby dresser in your room. "Sorry for that little disappearing act; it was never my intention to suddenly leave without an explanation.

Youve probably seen what happened between me and Keith on the cameras or at least heard about my plans to apprehend him from James." Your expression faltered at that line, your voice growing flatter for a moment as you further explained.

"He might've knocked me out in a self-defense reflex, but that was an accident." Despite your personal feelings, you still maintained your somewhat informative tone, knowing you'd have to keep up your facade. You couldn't give them any indication of how things had changed, not yet. So, you just kept being the friendly cadet that they knew.

"I assure you, I'm alright now. We're all safe and sound actually. I would've returned to the garrison as soon as I regained consciousness if it wasn't for finding out about voltron from Shiro and joining this greater cause. But I will return one day, I promise you that." After ending the message with that strong finish, you slumped backwards onto your bed with a sigh. Now the Garrison would know the basics of your predicament.

Whether they'd believe you or not would be a different matter, but at least you had gotten all that out there. At the very least, it'd show that you hadn't forgotten about them and reassure them of your safety. The Garrison was like your second home, so they deserved to know what happened to you.

You could only imagine the state of panic and worry that they were thrown into when the four of you seemingly vanished into thin air, leaving no clues as for your whereabouts besides the sudden appearance of a flying blue mechanical lion on their cameras.

Things were probably even worse in your case since that run in with Keith might just equal an abduction in their books. And that was exactly why you had to clear up that incident before you returned, or at least try to. Hopefully your explanation could make the garrison less hostile towards Keith upon his arrival. Who knows, maybe it could even start to chip away at the tension them and him.

Either way, their reaction to your team's arrival was a concern for another day. You've done all you could for now; all that was left to do was to give Sam the recording. So after uploading the footage of Keith taking the spear onto it from the chip you kept tucked away in your dresser, you headed to the flight bay.

Everything had just been going by so fast since the power's conference. Keith left right after your moment in the courtroom, and now it was Sam's turn to leave. When you entered, everyone was huddled around his pod, preparing to send him off.

"We're going to miss you sir" Shiro told him, keeping up their formalities with a kind smile.

"Ah, you guys seem to be fine without me" he replied, shrugging it off as he beamed back at you all. "Your mission is here. Mine is on Earth."

"For now, at least" you chimed in, folding your arms across your chest. Sam answered with a nod before turning his attention back to the entire group. "As soon as I get back, I'll inform the Galaxy Garrison what's going on and start to upgrade our planetary defenses."