Our Story

Hey guys, Jess here!

This chapter is a bit longer than the last one (24.9 pages/8,611 words). And it's quite emotional, so please take breaks as needed!

If you have any questions or comments about this chapter, let me know; I'd like to hear from you!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

When you opened the door, you let out a soft gasp, covering your mouth with your hands. There stood Keith, wearing your (f/c) shirt, silver pajama pants, and the jacket you gave him.

"Keith, you dork" you teased, emitting a faint chuckle that spread even more warmth across your face.

"Says the one that's matching me" he retorted with his usual sass before wrapping an arm around your back, leading you back towards the bed. As Keith sat down next to you, he immediately cupped your jawline in his hands, his brows knitting as he peppered the side of your face with warm, steamy kisses, his hands getting lost in your hair.

You hummed in pleasure as you nestled closer to him, closing your eyes as you became lost in the moment. Eventually, you turned your head to meet his, seizing the opportunity to dive in for a quick peck on the lips.

"What was that all about Keith?" you asked as you pulled away, smirking as you left him gasping for breath, his face flushed red. If your heart wasn't racing before, it definitely was now.

"Nothing, I guess I just missed you" he admitted, leaning in to brush the tip of his nose against yours, as if to conclude the moment.

"That makes two of us" you replied quietly, your gaze brimming with softness as you rested your head on his shoulder, leaning against him on the side of the bed.

"So besides getting crazy-awesome powers, what's happened with you in these last several weeks?" he wondered, his hand returning to your back. You let out a sigh in response, your voice faltering as you recalled everything that had transpired.

"Quite a bit actually. I guess I should start with my argument with Lotor."

"Wait, you had an argument with Lotor?" His smile vanished at the sound of your low tone, his intense gaze causing you to shy away a bit. "Did he say anything that hurt you?"

"Well neither of us were being very nice. He said I was toxic and that I didn't deserve to be the silver paladin, while I accused him of things like being involved in the mind control plot and called him a manipulate jerk right to his face." You shook your head at your past actions, ashamed of how judgmental you had been.

"I just saw too much James in him, but that didn't excuse how mean I was. I guess his words were a bit of a wake-up call for me. I realized just how much my hatred of James had spiraled out of control. I even saw myself as a monst-" Before you could finish that sentence, you found yourself wrapped in his strong arms.

"Don't say that" he urged as he hugged you tightly to his chest, tremoring ever so slightly with every word.

"Say what?" you whispered in reply, taken aback by his sudden concern.

"That you're a monster. Please don't... you're the last person I'd ever want to hear that from." His voice grew even lower as he explained why it was upsetting him so much, gaining a new sense of gravity. "Because I know how that feels; that's just like I felt after that incident. And that nearly destroyed me. So it breaks my heart knowing that you've put yourself though the same sort of torture, even if it wasn't as severe."