The Castle Of Lions

Hello, Jess here!

If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions about His Rival let me know, I'd like to hear from you :)

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter

You started making your way to the others. You were walking slowly, trying to put as much space between you and Keith as possible. As you were doing so, the Lion suddenly sped up and jerked forward. You started to panic, trying to catch your grip on anything you could find. To make things worse, the Lion went into a nose dive, shaking more violently as it was going through the planets atmosphere.

This caused you to start freefalling forwards. You let out a scream which catches the others attention. You covered your face with your hands as you braced for impact. Before you knew it, you had just slammed into your rival, your face ramming into the back of his head. You jumped back, the stench of his hair filling your nose. It smelled like you had put your nose in your shoe. lt seemed he hadn't been able to wash his hair for months at least.

As you turned to move away, you felt a hand on your wrist. You yelped, the throbbing pain from before coming back to your wrist. You grunted in irritation. Keith needs to stop this. You turned around, about to give Keith a piece of your mind. As you were doing so, you realized that Keith's scowling face was only a couple inches away from yours. You tried to back away, but his grip on your wrist was still firm, causing you to grimace in pain.

"Watch were your going next time (y/n)" Keith warned, irritation in his voice. Now the entire team'sattention was on the two of you, but you didn't care. You were so not dealing with Keiths attitude any longer. With your argument on Earth and now this? Keith really was being a pain, figuratively and literally. Didn't he realize it was on accident?

"It was an accident, I never wanted to run into your stinky mullet!" You replied coldly, glaring straight into his purple eyes. You peeled his fingers off your wrist and crossed your arms.

"Ooooh, the hothead just got burned. Nice job (y/n)!" Lance said from the cockpit, clearly enjoying Keith's embarrassment.

"All right, knock it off." No one is happy being in this situation but we're here now. If we want to get through this, we have to do it together" Shiro scolded, looking between you and Keith as he said that last line.

"So what do we do?" asked Pidge. You sighed in relief and smiled at Pidge. You were very thankful that the attention was now off you and back on the mission on hand.

"First, we find out where we're headed. Lance?" Shiro responded.

"I don't know, Lance admitted. "I'm sorry, the lion isn't talking to me anymore." His tone changed, a bit more hopeful as he continued. "Wait! Wait, wait wait! Shh!" He said, whispering now. "Listen, I think I hear something."

"I'm hearing it too" Keith said quickly.

"It's uh..., It's kind of a... a high pitched squeal?" Hunk continued, uncertainty in his voice. Then, you all groaned, covering your noses in defense."

"Come on Lance, real mature!" you said sarcastically, not impressed with his immature act. He just continued smirking and said,

"But seriously, there is a castle up ahead." As Lance said this, you saw a structure outside, on top of a grass colored elevated platform of dirt. It looked out of place as there were no other structures nearby.

"Wow" you all gasped, looking at the castle. The castle itself wasn't like any castle you've seen on Earth. Sure there was a bridge at the enterance but that was about it. There was a white enterance area that led into a strange oblong shape curved into a point at the top. There were four structures on each side that looked like a cone cut in half. Decorating the structure were black details and crystal clear aqua glass accents which shone in the sunlight.