In The Company Of Dwarves

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay, Y/n?" he asked quietly.

"Yes, why?" she questioned. He gently reached up, rubbing his thumb across her cheek and pulling it away.

"You're crying..." Kili whispered. She, too, wiped her cheek, feeling the wet substance on her fingers.

Y/n chuckled slightly, "So I am." She wiped the rest of the tears from her face before smiling at him softly. "I'm okay. I'm probably just tired. I need sleep..."

"Of course, my lady."

*TIME SKIP*

"Y/n... Y/n wake up. We have to go..." a voice mumbled. She opened her eyes to see Kili kneeling beside her, smiling.

"Hi, Kili," she said softly.

"Hi, Y/n. You have to get up, the Company is leaving. Here," Kili whispered, handing her a small package. She sat up and opened the wrappings. Y/n gasped softly as she pulled out the most beautiful bow she had ever seen. It was brown, with gold detailing surrounding it. The quiver was the same, except with brown leather instead of wood.

 The quiver was the same, except with brown leather instead of wood

The bow was lightweight and easy to use. Y/n looked at Kili with a look of awe on her face as she hugged him close.

"Thank you, Kili," she said.

"No problem. Now come on, we have to go before  Thorin and the others leave us for good!" Kili laughed. Y/n copied, standing up to make it easier to attach the quiver to her back, along with the bow. She followed Kili out of the house and towards the rest of the Company.

Gandalf extended the reins of a horse to Y/n, which she gladly took. She mounted the animal, seeing some supplies on the back behind the saddle. Y/n smiled gratefully at Gandalf, and began to ride in between Kili and Fili. After a while of riding, they heard a voice from behind.

"Wait! Wait!" Bilbo called. The horse's stopped and everyone turned to see him running towards the Company. He held up the contract, saying, "I signed it!" Balin took the contract from Bilbo's hand, looking over the words.

"Everything appears to be in order," Balin grinned. "Welcome, master Baggins, to the company of Thorin Oakenshield."

"Give him a horse," Thorin demanded.

"No, no, no, no. That…that won’t be necessary. Thank you. I’m sure I can keep up on foot. Yeah, I…I’ve done my fair share of walking holidays, you know? Even got as far as Frog Morton once." Two of the dwarves lifted Bilbo up and placed him one one of the extra horses.

"Come on, Nori! Pay up!" Oin exclaimed. A bag of coins sailed through the air and Oin caught it. Several other bags flew through the air, with other dwarves catching them.

"What’s that about?" Bilbo inquired.

"Oh, they took wagers on whether or not you’d turn up. Most of them bet that you wouldn’t," Gandalf shrugged.

"And what did you think?"

"Well...." Gandalf caught a bag of coins thrown to him as he chuckled. "My dear fellow, I never doubted you for a second."

Bilbo looked to the firey haired girl, "Did Y/n...?"

"Thorin! Fork it up!" Y/n called. Thorin shook his head, tossing a bag back to her. She laughed successfully and put the bag in her side pouch.

"Ah. So she did bet..." Bilbo then sneezed, making a soft noise of disgust as he searched his person for a handkerchief. "Oh, it’s horse hair. Having a reaction. Uh…wait, wait. Stop! Stop! We have to turn around."

"What on earth is the matter?"

"I forgot my handkerchief."

"Here," Bofur began, tearing a piece of his tunic off and tossing it to the hobbit. "Use this." The dwarves laughed and continued on as Bilbo held it in dismay, annoyance, and disgust.

"You’ll have to manage without pocket handkerchiefs, and a good many other things, Bilbo Baggins, before we reach our journey’s end. You were born to the rolling hills and little rivers of the Shire. But home is now behind you. The world is ahead..."

🗡️🗡️🗡️

A/N: I am having SO much fun writing this story, you have no idea!!! I've never been so inspired in my life!! What are you think of this??? Have any theories?? I wanna see if y'all are close to what I have in mind 😏 Anyways... Three chapters in one day??? I'm on a roll!! Hope you enjoy!! Love you all, and I hope you all are doing good in quarantine!! Byeeeee!!

 Three chapters in one day??? I'm on a roll!! Hope you enjoy!! Love you all, and I hope you all are doing good in quarantine!! Byeeeee!!