14. Don't say a word about my jams

Start from the beginning

"I know." I shrugged as I opened my fridge and found a cake I bought a couple of days ago, bread, my favourite three types of jam, some sauces I enjoy my nachos with. And some milk. And other stuff that I don't eat in the morning. If Ray weren't here, I would've eaten bread jam but now I feel conflicted because eating it would contradict my previous affirmation.

I cleared my throat.

Ray chuckled.

"Having trouble?" His arrogant ass made his way behind me and peeked at my fridge.

"I have nothing, Alright!" I threw my hands in the air as I surrendered faster than I ever have.

Because I knew I could not win this battle.

I did not eat healthy food.

Not guilty.

"How 'bout you take a seat?" Ray suggested. I narrowed my eyes at him, he put a hand on his heart as if saying 'you can trust me with your food'. I sighed as I made my to the counter and help myself to another granola bar.

"I did make these granola bars though." I uttered almost wailfully.

"I know, I believe you." Ray laughed as he took out the jar of milk from my fridge.

He started going through my cupboards, frowning now and then and took out some boxes I didn't remember I had, read something on them and put aside some of them, my guess is they are expired. Gosh, I am so miserable.

"What do you eat?" Ray said in disbelief as he kept on hunting for god knows what.

"It's not my fault, I live on takeout more than actual food. I am a working woman!" I pouted.

Except right now I am not.

I frowned.

"I am a working man." Ray gave me a dry look as he glanced at me.

"So what?" I huffed.

Ray shook his head.

"That's it, we're going shopping. There is nothing in here!" Ray announced in defeat.

"Hah, you lose." I sang childishly.

"There wasn't a competition." Ray narrowed his eyes at me as he ran a hand through his hair.

"I just need to change into my clothes." He said as he made his way to my room.

"But I need to shower first! I am all sweaty and well, more sweaty!" I yelled after him as I follow him to my bedroom.

"You're good. You don't even smell and you should be thankful for that." He said with a grimace as it living memory in his head.

"What, you do?" I joked as I go to the washroom to at least wash my face and tidy up a bit.

"You're lucky you never had to be in the boy's locker room." He said through the door.

"What?" I turn off the tap to hear him.

"I knew a—" He began, "Why are we even talking like this?" He said through the door.

I opened my washroom door and found Ray in all his shirtless glory.

And holy hell, he is steaming hot. My red lose shirt that I had given him to wear was lying on my bed, neatly folded. Hmm, he was a fast learner. And then I saw his back muscles flex as he was picking up his white shirt from the plush chair where I had placed it.

"Oh, I thought you were having a shower." He met my eyes as he raised his eyebrows as he saw me.

That skin looked so smooth, so unholy.