7. Just follow me, my man

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. The place was a forceful purchase." Ray's jaw tightened.

Something told me it wasn't a joy topic.

So I contemplated changing the topic but I was really curious.

"Oh?" I bit my lip. I knew I was treading dangerous waters but well now I can't do anything about it.

"My sister said it was really important to invest in a good house." He gulped. There was a bittersweet smile on his face.

"The one in the picture?" I pointed towards the photograph of his family hanging on the wall of his hallway.

"Yeah." More swallowing.

Deciding that it was enough for now and that he could tell me more about this mysterious sister more later, I offered to watch another movie.

Needless to say, he was relieved.

He looked as if a huge weight had been pulled off his chest as gulped his coffee.

And he never gulps his coffee. He is one of those people who liked to sip it.

Sometimes it's creepy how much I observe.

I might be a creep.

Who knows.

"Hey!" Ray jerked his head up and looked at me, stunned.

"What?" He looked at me quizzically.

"We're going out." I grinned.

"What? Why?" He looked as if he had lost all the knowledge he had.

I rolled my eyes and rinsed both the cups and wore my shoes again. Ray was wearing a white T-shirt and black cargo pants so he was good to go as well. I picked up my tote.

"Just follow me, my man. You won't regret it." I smirked as waited for him while he got his keys, thankfully complying to my stupid request, and wore his white loafers.

"I have a feeling I am going to regret this." He muttered as he locked the door and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh please, have some faith in me, will you?" I pressed the button to call the lift and practically jumped from excitement.

"I wouldn't have left the comfort of my house if I didn't." We entered the lift and I was thankful to find the lift empty.

Well, you would expect it to be empty at 10 pm.

"Thank you very much."

What was wrong with me?

I swear Ray had some chemicals that just made me do crazy things.

Yup, that's it.

The lift doors opened and I took Ray's hand and practically dragged him towards my car in the parking lot.

When he pulled at me my eyebrows knitted and I looked at him, puzzled.

"What's wrong?" I pulled again but he pulled back.