4. You didn't ruin my night.

Start from the beginning

But he seemed too nice for it to be an act. I mean, he could have just hailed me a cab or something, if he just wanted to 'look' nice. It would have worked. But he didn't do that, he left the party, which I probably made a scene at, with my, well, chickening.

Then it occurred to me.

"Did you just say that I am driving you crazy by just sitting here?"

Ray froze.

And then unfroze.

He acted like he just remembered about twenty things at once and if he wouldn't tend to them they would disappear, he moved around things doing stuff, moving stuff around. He put the pan on the stove, put the vegetables on the counter all while completely dismissing the question that I had just asked to him.

I stood up and moved towards him.

He stilled for a second as he sensed me standing across from him. Just the counter between us.

I leaned my elbow on the stone and leaned in.

"You know you have to answer me." I whispered. Knowing how that would make him feel.

I may have not been with good men but I sure kept them on toes.

And I thrived in it.

I was evil like that.

"Umm." He tightened his jaw as he diced some tomatoes and put them in a glass bowl.

"Yeah?" I pushed.

"Fine! You're attractive!"

My eyes widened at his bluntness. I was just expecting another teasing remark of how I was reading too much into it. But not this.

He found me attractive.

Holy shit.

I swallowed and bit my lip.

I heard a sigh from Ray as he made his way towards me.

My eyes followed his movement and locked on his eyes as he stood in front of me in a yellow apron that looked sexy on him.

But unlike him, I won't tell him that.

Some things should stay in your mind.

Or else, they lead you into awkward situations.

Just like we were in one right now.

"I don't think there is anything wrong in telling a woman that she is beautiful." He finally spoke with certainty.

Scratch that, this situation is not awkward.

It's hot.

I cleared my throat.

"Yeah." I managed to say.

Satisfied with my answer he nodded in what seemed like triumph and went back to his cooking.

"Lasagna sounds good?" He asked with his back turned to me and his one hand on the fridge door. He had his thumb on his lip as if in deep thought.