Chapter 40

LEIGH'S POV-

After a good 15 minutes of my brothers glaring at Tyler and me just standing there annoyed by the silence and my brothers annoying compulsive need to protect me, the front door was thrown open once again. When the door hit the wall we all spun around to see the cause. When I saw who it was I smiled wide and shoved past my brothers. "JER!" I exclaimed rather loudly, throwing my arms up in the air. Jeremy smiled at me but it soon fell when he looked at the scene in front of him. "Uh am I interrupting something?" Was his response. I shook my head at the same time everyone else nodded. "Who said come in Gilbert because I sure as hell didnt." Tyler said. The aggressiveness in his voice sent chills down my spine.  Jeremy's eyes darkend as he took a few steps towards Tyler. "Who said 'Jeremy gives a fuck' because I sure as hell didnt." He shot back. Tyler's fists clenched as he got closer to Jeremy. "Your in my domain little Gilbert, watch how you speak." He growled. "Well this just got entertaining. All I need is a blood bag and a recliner and I'm all set for movie night." Damon remarked. I could practically hear him smirking but all I did was roll my eyes. "Well as fun as this alpha male testosterone showdown thing looks, I think it's time for a drink," I stepped in front of  Jeremy blocking his view of Tyler. "& you, my favorite Gilbert, are driving.. let's go." I finished, grabbing his wrist and dragging him out of the house, obviously using my vamp strength. "Jesus Christmas Jeremy, are all hunters that strong 'cause damn." I said once we were outside and by his car. He finally looked at me but didnt say anything. "Jeremy?" I questioned. Still nothing. I got closer to him, ran my hand down his arm and grabbed his. "Jer..-" my sentence was cut short by his hand clutching my throat. I gasped and clawed at his hand but his grip only got tighter. He looked at me then his eyes darker then I've ever seen them. His grip tightened more and more each time I struggled. I could barely breath and my vision was getting spotty. "LET HER GO GILBERT!" I heard Tyler growl from the door way. I could hear his foot steps going down the front stairs but they suddenly stopped. "Wait.." Stefan told him. It was when I saw a familiar ring on his finger that I realized what was happening. And then I got an idea. It was something Damon had been trying to teach me before we had come back to mystic falls. I put my hand over Jeremy's and closed my eyes, trying to focus on what I was doing instead of the fact that I couldnt breath. 'Jeremy?' I was pushing my way into his mind, searching. 'Jeremy I know your in there please.. this isnt you.'  His grip tightened even more proving that all I was doing was pissing off shadow douche Gilbert. 'Dont bother, baby gilbert isnt coming back.' shadow douche was in my head now, so I pushed further into his. Suddenly there was a light giggling sound echoing in my ears. It sounded so familiar. 'No! Get out of our head'  shadow douche's subconscious sounded off. He was scared but it wasnt of anything I said.  'tell me the truth, what gave me away?' A voice said in my ears. Thats when I realized why the laugh was so familiar.. it was mine. The real Jeremy was thinking about the day we met which meant.. 'Your scared because the real Jeremy is stronger then you.. arent you?'    'NO! SHUT UP OR ILL KILL YOU!'   Suddenly there was a sharp agonizing pain in my stomach. My eyes flew open and my hands dropped to my stomach to feel the stake shadow Jeremy had stabbed me with. 'You broke focus Salvatore.' He chuckled darkly. He let me go then causing me to fall to the ground. I groaned in pain as he got in the car and left. When he was gone I tried to pull the stake out but it was too deep. "Need a hand kitten?" Damon said, suddenly appearing by my side with Stefan and Tyler. I nodded. Tyler grabbed my hand. "Sqeaze if it hurts too much." He whispered so only I would hear. I shot him a weak smile as a thanks then screamed when Damon yanked the stake out. "Couldve warned me ass hole!" I growled. Damon shrugged. "Damn shadow douche." I stated while looking down the road. "Wait.. what did you just say?" Stefan asked. "Shadow douche. He had that damn Gilbert ring on that I read about in Stefans dia..- erm, I mean history books. Damon chuckled until Stefan shot him a look. "We'll talk about the whole diary thing later Leigh." Stefan told me before looking back at Damon. "I thought Damon and Ric destroyed that thing?" Tyler asked. "I thought so too." Stefan said. Damon looked up at the sky, whistling. "Damn it Damon! Off all the times you wanna destroy things, the moment someomr says you can you dont?!" Stefan snapped. "Hey! Ric refused to give it to me to destroy so if anything it's his fault." Damon said. "Wait this happened to Alaric too?" I asked. They all nodded. "Damn, Gilbert's have shit luck." I stated, laughing. Stefan frowned. And Damon shook his head.i stopped laughing. "What? Too soon? My bad." I exclaimed before standing up. "Either way gilbert owes me a new shirt." I said. Then turned to my brothers. "Soo.. can we go home now?" I asked. They both nodded. I turned waved bye to Tyler then vamp sped back to the boarding house with my brothers.