Chapter 33

"Wait.. you know this psycho?!" Tara asked once we were inside the house. "This psycho could've ripped apart that pretty little throat of yours Darling, but I didn't." He said, veins appearing under his eyes. "Typical Enzo, always so dramatic." I stated with an eye roll. "Missed you too gorgeous." He said with a wink. "Ha! Yeah okay." Was my response. Tara looked between me and Enzo, clearly confused. "Mate, I think we broke her." Enzo chuckled, wrapping his arm around my waist. "Enzo..." I warned in a sing song voice. He didn't move. "Anyway.. to answer your question Tara, Enzo here is Damon's old friend." I told her. Enzo stiffened at the mention of my eldest brother. ".. Yep that explains it." Tara said after a moment. I smiled knowing exactly what she meant. To my surprise Enzo didn't say a word. I looked up at him to find a cold look in his eyes. "Um hello, Earth to Enzo." I said waving my hand in front of his face. Quick as a flash he grabbed my wrist. I winced at the sound of bone cracking when he tightened his grip. "Ow, your hurting me." I whimpered.
He didn't let go.
Suddenly The lights began flickering and the wind started whirling around the room, blowing open the windows. "Tara?!" I screamed over the noise. "It's not me!" She shouted back. "Then who..-" the sound of a body hitting the floor made me stop. "Shit.." I mumbled when everything calmed down and the lights came back on. Tara walked up next to me. "Wha..-." She stopped when she saw Enzo laying on the floor with a broken neck.  "Who did this?" She asked. I closed my eyes a let out a shakey breath.
"My mother."