~Chapter 40~ New Perspective

Harry's POV

"Jess." I knock on the door. Right now everything is going to plan. Louis is in his room collecting any more research that he can. Me and Niall are ready to talk and reveal everything to her. Niall has the mask in a safe spot where Jess can't see it until we want her to. Zayn and Liam are on each side of the door.

"What do you want?" She says in the snottiest voice I have ever heard from her.

"Let me in. I'll tell you everything." I say. She doesn't seem to budge. "Me and Niall want to tell you everything." I hate to use the Niall card but Niall doesn't seem fazed by it and it got Jessica to open the door. When she opens the door, Zayn and Liam step back again to make sure that they aren't seen. Niall and I slowly walk in, as if there is some kind of trap laid down for us.

"Well?" She says laying back down on the bed. She closes a book that she seemed to be writing in. Niall and I look at each other, silently telling each other to tell her anything. Something. Even a little detail.

"We found the mask." Niall blurts out. 

Okay... So maybe I should have said something first. I wasn't expecting him to just get straight to the point.

"The mask that can possibly kill me?" Jessica scoffs.

"Yeah. That's the one." I confirm

"Okay?" She says. "What now?"

"What do you mean what now?" Niall questions.

"What now? When do I put on this mask and die?" She says

"What do you mean die?" Niall says

"You don't know?" She says. "Wow out of all of the things that I wasn't let in on, no one knows the one things that I know."

"When exactly were you planning on telling us?" Niall crosses his arms.

I look down. "Not now." Not ever. 

"So you weren't going to tell us that if she put that mask on, she would die?" He shakes his head, confused. "How can a mask kill you anyway?" 

I say nothing.

"I know how." Jessica speaks up. "If I put it on, the mask sends Sinkara back to the underworld and I go down with her. That's the Chosen ones job." 

"So you were never going to tell us." Niall concludes.

"I was going to tell you guys." 

"When? When we wonder where Jess went or why she's unconscious on the floor and not breathing?"

"I wasn't going to tell you as soon as I found out, okay! None of you guys would have helped me find the mask if you knew that her life was at steak!" I shout. I'm pretty sure that Liam and Zayn could hear everything now. Even Louis.

"So basically, what you're telling me is that you didn't want to share this piece of information to any of us is because you wanted the mask to be found. What about Jess? You're basically killing her!" 

" Better her than 8 billion people!" I shout. I couldn't hold in the anger anymore. "Yes! Is that what you want to hear? I'll tell you exactly what you wanted to hear. I don't want the world to end over a stupid curse placed on us. Anyone in my position would take the life of one to save billions of people in a heartbeat! I understand that Jess will die. But at this point, It's too late to go back now. What's done is done and there's no turning back. We might as well finish what we started. It began with Jessica's bloodline and now it ends with Jessica's bloodline." 

I get the mask out of the hiding place and throw it on Jessica's bed. I can't look at the possibly hurt expression on her face.

"I can think of 4 people who wouldn't take the coward way out like you are doing right now. And those 4 people are in this room." Niall says as I walk out of the door. I ignore Zayn and Liam and just go outside. 

Where's a fucking punching bag when you need one?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Author's Note:

I finally updated!!! I'm thinking that there might be 10 chapters left of this story at the very most. 

So 

If you want a dedication comment how you think the book should end OR If Jessica should die or not.

I'M NOT SAYING THAT WOULD HAPPEN

Unless you guys want it to.....