~Chapter 38~ Golden

"What are you doing here?" The voice says from around the corner. Upon hearing this, Harry quickly steps back and pushes his body against the wall. He can't be seen by the man. The man can't be seen by him.

"I haven't seen you in ages!" The voice says. Footsteps coning closer and closer to Harry. Almost as if the man is walking to Harry, to tell him that he has been busted. Harry looks over to Louis who has his hands in his hair and stealing glances from Harry.

Almost as quick as the footsteps came closer to him, they got farther away.

"I know. I just came to see the new job that you have." A different voice says. When Harry hears the second voice, he breaths a sigh of relief. He had not been caught not yet. He turns his head to look at Louis and gives him a thumbs up. Silently saying that he is safe. For now.

After a few moment of listening in on the conversation between the two from around the corner, Harry decides to take a leap of faith and take a huge risk of being seen. He slowly pears out into the hallway so that he can see who is having the conversation. They aren't looking at him. Their backs are turned. Harry was thinking about taking the thing that almost caused him to be captured, or so he thought. He would have if they didn't start walking. At first he didn't know which way they were walking, but  when they started walking away from him, he wasted no time grabbing the item and slightly running back to Louis.

"That was close." Harry breathes.

"That was idiotic." Louis mumbles, loud enough for only Harry to heat, barely.

To Louis, he secretly thought that this whole thing was stupid. He didn't and and doesn't believe that this whole thing is actually true. He admits that he is a skeptic. Louis looks for every way to explain that it's not real. He feels that this is just all one big long dream. That he will wake up from it any minute. But everyday he lives in this situation, he finds it harder to debunk the unexplainable. But everyday he tries to find a reason why this is happening.

Harry didn't hear his comment.

Harry slowly tries to pick the lock. Trying to do what he sees in movies. He has never picked a lock before, but Louis doesn't need to know that. As long as he gets this glass to remove itself from the mask then it won't be a problem.

After two and a half minutes, he finally unlocks it.

"About time." Louis says getting up from being on the floor and walks over to Harry.

"You could have taken over at any time." Harry snaps. Recently, Harry has been getting angry, just for a few minutes, and then it goes away. It's like he is becoming bipolar. Harry knows that these angry spikes have been happening. He knows that he cannot do anything to try and stop it from coming. Ever since he later eyes on the mask, he has been feeling different. Like he's cursed.

But he was already cursed even before the mask came into play.

Slowly, Harry tries to lift up the glass but Louis quickly stops him.

"Don't touch it! When they see that the mask is gone, they're going to check for finger prints." Louis says.

"Then what do you suppose we lift the glass with?" Harry's anger spike is still here.

"Well I supposeyou use your jacket. Or gloves. Something that's not your hands."

Louis has noticed Harry's sudden mood change recently to. But he hasn't confronted him about it. He's scared to. Louis has been scarred to do a lot of things recently.

Harry glares at him for a few seconds before he takes off his jacket and lifts up the glass, which was a lot lighter then expected.

"Grab the mask." Harry whispers. Louis quickly takes off his jacket and slowly takes it off his stand.

Louis looks at the mask. He inspects its golden skin. The holes cut out for eyes. The paint marks on it. He feels the rough yet smooth foundation of the mask.

"Louis?" Harry's asks him

It takes him a minute to actually peel his eyes off from the mask to look at him.

"What?"

"Are you okay?" Harry noticed the way that Louis looked at the mask. With pure admiration.

"I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" Louis snaps.

"Whatever. Let's just get the hell out of here." Harry dismisses his sudden change of attitude and puts the glass back on tope of the post that held the mask. They run out of the museum.

*

*

*

*

"It's real." Niall says. Everyone was in Harry's room except for Jessica who was fortunately asleep.

"Don't touch it." Harry snaps. He knows that something weird is going on. He doesn't know how you trigger it. But he knows it has something to do with the mask.

"Why not?" Niall asks

"Because I said not to, okay?" Harry snaps. A side effect of whatever is going on.

"Hey, wasn't Max suppose to be here by now?" Liam states, changing the subject

"He is probably running late. You know, with this red sky and all." Louis states.

"Okay what is going on with you? You have been acting weird ever since we got the mask." Zayn says to Louis.

"I haven't been acting like anything." Louis says.

"Whatever." Zayn mumbles.