Chapter 20: Scared?

Strange. This feeling while waking up is almost the same as what Bonnie experienced last time, the only difference being, is that it's basically the opposite situation. Instead of waking up with his vision gone, he's waking up with it back. He doesn't celebrate, however, nor really do anything, despite the fact he does in fact care. It's more or less like a monotone 'finally...' he's feeling. What does get him excited is your face. Shortly after he begins to move, you appear next to him, hovering above with the smile he missed throughout that entire week. Something else is there as well, however...

"Hey, bun bun," you say.

Bonnie smiles and lifts his hand to touch your face. Now that he's fully awake and focusing solely on you, he catches a hint of sadness in your eyes. That's when he remembers that he'll have the animal eyes from now on, meaning there's one more week left until he's fully infected, meaning he's one step closer to the uncertainty of the future, happening once this final week is over, meaning...so much.

"I missed seeing you," he says, trying to cheer you up, even if slightly.

You give a small smile. "That's really sweet."

Something's off. Maybe it's just the part of Bonnie expected you to bring up how he wasn't without vision for a long time. Instead, you just went along with him exaggerating things and making it sound like it's been months or even years. You're also extremely quiet. Even with his heightened hearing, he has to focus to be able to make out what you're saying.

"Y/n, are you...alright?"

It was difficult to ask that question for some reason. He's asked it countless times before with no issue but this time he struggled with it, like there's something in him that knows that was a terrible question to ask.

~~~~~~~~~~

You dart your eyes off to the side for a moment before looking back.

"I'm fine," you say.

"You're also a gorgeous liar."

You frown and huff. "What do you want me to say?"

"What's bothering you." Bonnie sits up while still keeping a firm eye on you.

You look away and don't return his gaze. "Too much..."

"Aw, cupcake."

He lifts his hand to caress your cheek but you grab it to stop him, which makes him freeze for a moment. Why did you do that?

"I'm fine, Bonnie. Thank you."

He knows he went to bed and fell asleep with you next to him – which was in the early hours of the morning – so what could've happened in those few hours to make you act like this?

Desperation hits him. "A-are you feeling sick?"

You're silent for a moment. "Yeah... I'm sick."

Bonnie mumbles and shifts closer so he can give you a hug, despite a part of him saying that you're lying about just being sick. Thankfully, however, you don't stop him as you did with his hand but you also don't return the hug with the same enthusiasm he's giving you. All you do is gingerly put your hands on his back. That's it.

"Do you want me to get you something?" he asks, leaning back and standing up.

"No, don't. Stay here." Concern and panic instantly fill your face.

Unfortunately, Bonnie is still not thinking straight so he doesn't listen to that part, thinking that you're just trying to not burden him.

"I'll bring you food or something." He walks to the door. "I won't be long."